Which pedals do i need for my abody?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im going to be using mopar 4 speed pedals for a 5 speed conversion in my 71 scamp. My dad has a set of pedals out of a duster, but hes not sure what year since its been so long. My question is are all the abody pedals the same? Or is there certain years and cars that i need the pedals out of? would the duster pedals fit into my 71 scamp even though its out of a duster and not the same year either (not sure of the year so could be as late as 76)? if you guys could help me out with this i would appreciate it.

thanks
matthew

They all interchange. 67 and up anyway. I don't know if an early A would fit the 67+ body style though.

are you 100% sure about that? I could even use 67 and up b-body pedals, or just all the a-body pedals interchange? I saw on ebay someone selling 67-69 dart pedals, so i assumed that maybe there are differences...if anyone can offer a hand to confirm burntorange please do, as it would make me more comfortable hearing it from more than one person...thanks guys =)

bump! its just kind of urgent because a part i need is kinda waiting on this...feel free to chime in all you 4 speed experts

Any 67+ a body pedals will work. No chance a B body set would work.

70+ will have the clutch safety switch.

The extra voice in my head says the same thing, along with the little guy on my shoulder. :-D

The duster pedals will work. A body pedals from 67 and up all interchange. B body and E body are different and will not fit in your A body. The difference is in the length of the bracket that goes between the dash and the firewall.

are you 100% sure about that? I could even use 67 and up b-body pedals, or just all the a-body pedals interchange? I saw on ebay someone selling 67-69 dart pedals, so i assumed that maybe there are differences...if anyone can offer a hand to confirm burntorange please do, as it would make me more comfortable hearing it from more than one person...thanks guys =)

I was talking about A body's. I don't know about B or E body interchange. But I do know 67 and up A bodys are the same.

I hope you have as much fun with your manual trans as I do!!!:burnout::headbang:

hey guys,

thanks for all the replies..i guess im good to go for the swap...just gotta order the bellhousing now..thanks for the clarification...and burntorange, i love those vids...i will definatly have similar fun and similar vids to post up too =)

no B body pedals will not work you need a body only 67-on up and yeah your dads duster ones will work.just unbolt yours and bolt in the 4speeds. good to goooo..........

Matthew,what type of bell are you getting?Steel or alum.?Just asking cause I know you want to take it to the track!Regardless,I,m sure you,ll be dumping it around the ricers!LOL!!You,re gonna love ROWING through the gears!!Have fun and play safe!Scott.

Matthew,what type of bell are you getting?Steel or alum.?Just asking cause I know you want to take it to the track!Regardless,I,m sure you,ll be dumping it around the ricers!LOL!!You,re gonna love ROWING through the gears!!Have fun and play safe!Scott.

hey scott its a quicktime scattershield im going to use (non sfi approved)...i just started another thread in the 4 speed section that i could use your help on and from any other 4 speed guys so pleasr have a look and tell me what ya think

-
Back