Which Pitman Arm

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
OK, I am going to put manual steering on my car for sure. I have access to some A bodies in the club with manual and the steering response doesn't bother me.

I have a good manual box, but what about a pitman arm? Is it the same arm for both manual and power boxes? I have an arm that came on the new box, but I don't know if it's the right one. I thought there was a website that listed all the pitman arm part numbers and stuff, but I can't find it.

The casting numbers on the arm are hard to make out, but I THINK it says

25350 801 16104 82 I know the first 5 digits are right for sure. The others I dunno...

It's a '75 Dodge Dart Sport

HELP!!

I don't know the part numbers right now, I will be out in the garage later and I will check. I do know that the pitman arms are different for power and manual steering. I will get back to you with a part number later today.

Jack

I looked yesterday and couldn't see any numbers on it. The light was bad though. It also has fresh paint on it that might have filled in the numbers. I will look again with better light and maybe be able to see something. Sorry for the delay.

Jack

I'am doing the same swap these days. If you have a little time I can tell you for sure if the power arms fit or not. I only have the power stuff........ and the man box.

No problem take your time..your doing me a big favor...I won't need to know for sure until January when I start ordering the rest of my suspension parts.

The pitman is attached to the box, and the box "supposedly" came OUT of an A-body. But since I didn't see it IN the car, I'm not taking any chances.

I put the powerbox out and measured a bit. The arm should fit but tomorrow I know for sure.
What a shitty job if you have low buck headders in.... :(

Ok..for those that really know their pitman arms..here is a pic. Does this look like a manual arm for an A-body?

260446.jpg

According to a fellow club member, this arm is froma 66 Dart....

Well THAT does me no good.........

Yep, that looks right.

Summit lists the Moog manual pitman for 73-76 as a 7075 also

Hey superdart,

I found the numbers on my manual pitman arm. They were very hard to see. So this may not be perfect but it will be close.

5350 801 16084

I don't know if this helps or just makes for more confusion.

Jack

Well it makes sense, the first two sets of numbers are the same, but the last set is different.

My 66 dart freind is going to verify..but he's almost positive that it's for the early 60s Darts.

Thanks for the help:thumblef:

-
Back