Which Plug wires are recommended?

-

philip's66

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.
Reaction score
I am in need of some info /help. I will install a Petronix Ignitor on my 225 and am trying to figure out what are the Best plug wires. I understand the least resistance possible is best but what Brand or what are you guys using?

your local auto parts store 7mm pieces are fine, and they
will fit your stock wire looms.

I recommend wires that carry electricity.

Just remember this, there are only TWO types of spark plug wires. Suppression and non-suppression. Suppression wires do exactly what they imply. They suppress (restrict or hold back) enough of the spark so as not to have radio interference. Non-suppression wires are normally some sort of metal core and conduct like a **** at the expense of major radio interference.

This in and of itself is why I never buy "performance" suppression wires, because they are a ripoff, IMO. You can probably find just as good a wire for a street car at your local big box store for half the cost. Besides that, if you don't like them, you can take them back because they all have a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
Thank you for your responses ,I appreciate the input. Thank you to all our A Body members

I am in need of some info /help. I will install a Petronix Ignitor on my 225 and am trying to figure out what are the Best plug wires. I understand the least resistance possible is best but what Brand or what are you guys using?
M S D 8.5, ends are adjustable too !

-
Back