which rear anti sway bar??

-
They both mount to the axle so I'd say whichever one is lighter.

i would assume the hollow one would be lighter. i kinda like the frame mount on that one better also.

In my case, I have frame rail caps installed, so I don't think the Hotchkiss mount would fit unless I modified it. You'll have to do a little welding in either case. I have the Hellwig front bar and like it, so I would probably go with the Hellwig rear. If weight is critical to you, then get the Hotchkiss.

Find out which, if either one, mounts to the frame rather than the axle. The frame mount minimizes additional unsprung weight. That is my preference. If no frame mount is in the cards, go with the lighter weight one (same reason). That's my 2¢ worth.

I went with the 3/4" solid Hellwig, but haven't installed it yet (awesome piece too, with a very complete kit, it appears). I went off the recommendation that a solid rear bar will better balance my set-up (super-stiff t-bars/leafs) for stroker small block-induced street driving.

I'm sure both work fantastic... I also felt like supporting Hellwig too.

Interresting topic...

After having done a full front end re-build, stiffer torsion bars, and Bilstein shocks, The next step is to considera rear-end sway-bar. My '71 swinger GT has the factory front sway bar. What aftermarket rear sway-bar will match?

i forgot about the firmfeel ones too.. too many choices out there now..lol

swayrear2.jpg

Our rear bar for the A-body only weighs 7 lb. Its not going to make a whole lot of difference in unsprung weight when the axle, brakes, wheels and tires weigh 300+ pounds. One thing to keep in mind is the Hotchkis bar mounts under the subframe rail while the Hellwig bar mounts inboard of the subframe rail. This is important to keep in mind if you are going to relocate your springs.

-
Back