Which shroud? ?

-

dgibby

Reaction score
1968 dart with a 1972 340. 22 inch champion Cc526 3 core. 18 inch 7 blade with fan clutch. Which shroud 2785 614. Or 2998 325

does the shroud go with the year of the car or year of engine??

Not sure a Champion radiator will take a factory shroud. Mine sure didnt.

Are you running the aluminum 70-up water pump or the 69-down cast iron pump?

For small blocks, shrouds go with the year of the factory radiator and water pump type/year.

Supposedly the champion cc526 was made to take the factory shroud, just not sure which one. The water pump is aluminum.

Supposedly the cc526 was made to take the factory shroud, just not sure which one. The water pump is aluminum.

The 325 is for lower radiator hose on the passenger side. Since you have an aluminum 70-up water pump, your cc526 should have a lower radatiator hose on the passenger side. Between those two, the 325 should be the one. But I don't know how good it's going to work or if it will take some modifications to fit. I suspect at very least you'll have to do some tweaking.

Do not assume fitment issues just because Champion says it will take a factory shroud. Test fit everthing before fine running and installation.

In my experiance the champion radiator top hose and top tank sit lower than factory. So you need to get the radiator high. A 18" fan can be as high as the top of the Champion tank. My have to slot holes on the radiator that go to the core support.

The top tank of a 68-69 and 70-72 radiator project back and the shroud is angled back to make that seal. At best you will have to add 1/2" to 3/8" of foam to make a seal there.

Also the 4 shroud bolt brackets project out and the shroud is sunken in there to accept that. So add foam there too to make seal.

notice the light going through the top and bottom gaps.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

91C2Pl-SEJL._SL1500_.jpg

Great info, Thanks! I did notice that the fan seemed kind of high in relation to the radiator and figured I would have to make some adjustment. Thanks for your help.

Autoxcuda mentions foam to seal around areas of shroud in the picture. I have a 71 demon with a stock radiator and a shroud like the one shown. What type foam do I need to get? I would imagine a rather closed cell one that will stand up to high temp. Any suggestions?

Autoxcuda mentions foam to seal around areas of shroud in the picture. I have a 71 demon with a stock radiator and a shroud like the one shown. What type foam do I need to get? I would imagine a rather closed cell one that will stand up to high temp. Any suggestions?

When I made my shroud 2 years ago I used this Rubber Foam Weatherseal from Home Depot. Still fine today.

Even 100% factory setups could be made better with some foam. If you don't mind the looks of it AND you need it.

7303922-FanShoudSm15.JPG

7303971-FanShoudSm13.JPG

7305408-FanShoudSm28.JPG

-
Back