which side of the brake pedal does the rod attach to?

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Working on a 63 dart with manual 4 wheel disc brakes. I think I may have put the rod on the wrong side of the brake pedal. Hard to see if it is lined up straight or not. I am having a hard time bleeding the brakes. Right now it is on the side closest to the drivers door and I think that may be wrong......or it might be right. Hell I don't know:) Does anyone know for sure? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm about to start throwing things:)

Here is a photo I posted a few months back (always search!). The newly painted brake assembly is for my 64 Valiant, compared to a ~73 Valiant one I have. Not only does the rod attach to different sides of the pedal, the pedals bend different ways around the steering column. I think the 73 assembly would fit my 64, so someone could have done that. Anyway, check against other sources to be sure I have my rod on the correct side in the photo.

Attachments

• pedals3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 138
yes mine is as pictured on the right. I have the same bend also. Thanks for posting both. Did not know they had different pedal configs.

Best guess I have is that the pedal change coincided with the change to the collapsible steering column (thicker w/ outer mesh). I recently saw a photo of a much earlier one (~67?) which looked like the 73 one (big valley in the pedal bracket).

-
Back