which small block a body aluminum intake?

-

JoeDragster

Reaction score
Other than the stock 70 A Body 340 cast iron intake or LD 340, which aftermarket aluminum 340 intake will work with the factory 70-71 air cleaner with a stock hood?

I would like something that is the same height as stock but aluminum. LD 340’s are a little pricey imho.

I believe the Holley Street Dominator will. It's not what I'd consider a high rise at all.

I have an edelbrock performer rpm on my 360 and I have a normal aftermarket sized air cleaner and it all fits under the hood. I am happy with the intake

Check out the Weiand Stealth. This is available new. There are measurements at this site.
Weiand 8022WND Weiand Stealth™ Intake - Chrysler Small Block V8

Mopar Performance sold what was pretty much an aluminum version of the stock iron intake. So plenty of clearance. They've been out of production for several years now, they'll be where you find them. Part number P4876335 *I think* I can get you pictures of mine if you need measurements, but it's very close to the iron intake, which was pretty good.

Edelbrock Performer RPM fits under my 71 Dart.
IMG_0820.jpeg

performer rpm non airgap fits under the hood with a stock style air cleaner. airgap may fit too but i don't know because I've never used one.

DSC_0013.JPG

Check out the Weiand Stealth. This is available new. There are measurements at this site.
Weiand 8022WND Weiand Stealth™ Intake - Chrysler Small Block V8

Mopar Performance sold what was pretty much an aluminum version of the stock iron intake. So plenty of clearance. They've been out of production for several years now, they'll be where you find them. Part number P4876335 *I think* I can get you pictures of mine if you need measurements, but it's very close to the iron intake, which was pretty good
Other than the stock 70 A Body 340 cast iron intake or LD 340, which aftermarket aluminum 340 intake will work with the factory 70-71 air cleaner with a stock hood?

I would like something that is the same height as stock but aluminum. LD 340’s are a little pricey imho.
FYI 71-440-Duster has the Weiand Stealth for sale for $250...It looks good. HAPPY HOLIDAYS

RPM air gap on 360 with Mopar Performance replica of stock 340 unsilenced air cleaner. 67 Barracuda. Same engine compartment all A bodies 67-76. Clears no problem. (same intake, carb and air cleaner also fits my 65 Barracuda)

1703782018462.jpeg

RPM air gap with stock 70/71 air cleaner on my dart. The 72/73 air cleaner is the same height so no problems there either. Fits just fine. The street dominator is shorter than the stock 340 intake as far as I can remember. That weiand intake is very close to a stock 340 intake but without all the extra weight.
Here is a pic of mine. You can clearly see there is room to spare.

20190323_205942.jpg

Chinese air gap
, TQ, holley
With a drop base Edelbrock cleaner
Speaking from personal experience on my bone stock 70 dart

-
Back