Which sparkplugs for 340

-

Originalowner73 340duster

Reaction score
Looking to get plugs but not sure if the E3 plugs are good for the older motors..or should I just stick with a ngk or champion??.. it's a 72 340..not sure what was done internally..seems like at least a cam was done and has headers .. thanks

You can always text me Paul
That’s the OE part. There is a Superseded part that they will have.
image.jpg
image.jpg

This post is going to ramble on for days. Let other members chime in and you can make a informed decision. Good luck!

Try them. What’s the worst thing that happens? You spent *** on them and don’t like them?

I run the champs myself. A bad air and fuel mixture is what will kill the plugs first, if it’s off. Which means it is more so important on the old rides. I just changed the Champs in my Dakota. 1 set in 6 years. However! That’s also a fuel injected engine with very good computer controls.

Plugs are cheap. Spend as you wish.

Try them. What’s the worst thing that happens? You spent *** on them and don’t like them?

I run the champs myself. A bad air and fuel mixture is what will kill the plugs first, if it’s off. Which means it is more so important on the old rides. I just changed the Champs in my Dakota. 1 set in 6 years. However! That’s also a fuel injected engine with very good computer controls.

Plugs are cheap. Spend as you wish.

Remember what I said ..my friend gets me the parts...but don't wanna put something in that would hurt the motor. Wasn't sure if old motor old ( basic) plugs..or new style plugs just for new style motor and not so good for old motors..wanted to know people's thoughts and opinions or known working best combos..

Run whatever Champion number it calls for, or if you prefer another brand, cross the Champion number to something else.

Been using nothing but Autolites for years in all my vehicles always performed with no issues..Champions suck!!!

Chart is wrong on 1972. 1972 and 1973 340 is 8:1 compression = n12y. I like autolite and champion, have used both, even at the same time. Why pay extra for nothing

GO to the NGK or Champion site or even better, send them an email with all the engine info and your phone number, so that when they call they will know the specifics of the engine and know in which direction to steer you.

-
Back