Which speedometer cable do i need?

-

Fabbr

Reaction score
I have 2 speedometer assemblies, one is threaded and is worn out, the other takes a clip style end and is the one i need to use. This is a 67 dart, bb 727. Where can i find the right speedometer cable that attatches to the speedometer with a clip versus threads? Thanks for looking.

You can still buy new cables from a dealership but be prepared for sticker shock. I believe they are around $65. Post in the wanted section in the classifieds and pretty sure someone will have the cable your looking for, for way cheaper.

Beware of aftermarket cables. RockAuto and others list a cable that is 80 inches or more in length. Correct for your A-body is only about 63 inches.
Search threads of speedometer cable. The right length cable is available somewhere.

Beware of aftermarket cables. RockAuto and others list a cable that is 80 inches or more in length. Correct for your A-body is only about 63 inches.
Search threads of speedometer cable. The right length cable is available somewhere.

couldn't agree more with redfish I went to through the same thing and ended up getting it from a member on here

-
Back