which torsion bars to use???

-

johnmucci

moparmucci
Reaction score
I am starting another 66 dart project. It had a 6 cyl 225 which is now gone. I found a 360/300 hp crate motor to drop in.. what torsion bars should I get??? not going to "race" the car.. just a street cruiser. thanks!!

hi there, i just changed mine from /6 in my 67, i went 1.18" as mine a 440ci, got the biggest i could as didnt want to do twice! i want to use mine on track mind,you want decent shocks to complament the bars,there are some good deals about, i got mine rocket restorations, ask for tom. good luck!:cheers:

"Stock" was around .870, go .890 (383 A body) for improved handling, or .920. dont even think about anything larger than that for a small block.

Hello,sounds like you know your stuff.Here is my dilema.I have a 1974 dart sport in which I pulled the orig. slant 6 out of.I am putting a 318 in it.I read that I should change the torsion bars.So I got some .89 bars out of a 318 72 dart.When I went and pulled one out of my 74 dart sport it also says 890.Whats up I did not think the slants came w/.89 bars.Are these strong enough for the 318 I am putting in it? Thanks for any info. Tom

I have .88 Formula S bars and factory front sway bar in my 66, Very nice all around. I do like my suspesions stiff though, love the curves.

When I switched over my '64 to a small block I put in the .920 bars. They really made a big improvement without being too harsh.

-
Back