Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've got 4 different wheels I can use on 2 of my LBP-converted 65s - Mirada 10 spoke aluminum wheels (they're 15 X 7 or 8 inches), 15 inch plain black steelies with hubcaps (and would replace the trim rings with deeper ones, stock painted Magnum 500's (have NOS center caps for them and get new trim rings) or stock restored 14 inch Rallyes with virtually new 215-70 X 14s on them. Obviously that picture is one of my spares I have laying around. I'm leaning towards the the Mirada wheels on the wagon and the Magnum 500s on the GT convert.

Wheels 002.jpg

Wheels 005.jpg

Wheels 003.jpg

Wheels 001.jpg

The Mirada rims are nice for your wagon,rallys for the GT.Here,s a pic. of 14 inch rallys on my 66 Dart.They,re just resting on the car.(old pic)Now have 14,s on front and 15,s on the back.I love the rally look.My 2 cents.All are LBP.

trim 027.jpg

i would put the painted rallys on the convert and the steelies on the wagon. i really like the "d" rallys but thats what everyone is doing so stand out. and if it dosent work you can always throw the others on

where can i get some mirada wheels like that, those are sweet!

where can i get some mirada wheels like that, those are sweet!

I parted out an 81 Mirada and saved these. Was gonna put them on an 80 Cordoba but have decided to part the car out instead. I see them occasionally on the 'bag and have seen several sets at the Nationals.

I like the way you think. Given the same choices, I'd go with Magnums on the ragtop and the alloys on the wagon. If one were a daily driver, and the other not, I'd be inclined to put the alloys on the driver.

why not 14 rallys in the front and 15x8s in the back? I got 2 for sale :) haha

Um Rallyes on the GT and Mags on the Wagon... Or why not put one of each on your daily driver and then decide which one you like (People will voice their oppinions around your town to you...)

I like the way you think, Magnums on the ragtop and Mirada wheels on the wagon.

Hmmmm,I'm with the wheels on the waggin,a toss up between the steelies and the rally's on the other car,I must have a.d.d. I can't focus on all that at once but the waggin I see clearly!!!can we get some pic's of the waggin pulease!!!!!

wheelie bars.JPG

small striped waggin.JPG

twins.JPG

48 votes so far - 19 for steelies, 14 for the Mirada wheels. 10 for the Rallyes and only 5 for the Magnum 500s. No pics of my "waggin" but will try to get some this afternoon.

Mirada wheels get my vote..............

15 inch rubber to fill up the wheel wells and how many A-Bodies have you seen with them.

can we get some pic's of the waggin pulease!!!!!

OK here's my my 65 Dart "waggin". Plans include swapping the Dart front clip to a 65 Barracuda like Waggin's, 65 Signet/Barracuda interior, 66 Formula S dash, adding factory AC, 340/904 (or multi-carbed slant/904), 8 & 3/4, LBP with discs, replacement tailgate, remove the Dart taillights and add some cool Australian wagon taillights I have, repaint in original white and new wheels (leaning towards the 15 inch Mirada wheels which is the reason for this thread). Got everything to do the changes - just need warmer weather.

Jeep 015.jpg

Jeep 006.jpg

Jeep 009.jpg

Jeep 004.jpg

The Mirada wheels are different, I'd run them. I'm amazed, The other week I was standing in a junk yard with my dad and brother looking at a valiant wagon like your tubbed out one and we were talkin about buying it and building a turbo'd 451 stroker, but now that I've seen your car I'm kinda bummed, there's already a pro street (or pro beat) wagon of the same body out there. What's yours run?? How heavy are they ?? I might do that 451 turbo wagon anyway and we'll have to have a grudge match :-D

-
Back