WHILE i'm finishing up my dart gt, got a b body ?

-

MY68/6GT

Reaction score
i've found a 1970 dodge 500 conv with the superbee stripes and hood that has been parked in a open ended shed for about 25 years. i know they didnt make a SB conv. . the guy calls me to make him a offer on the car. i know they made way less than a thousand of these ,and it apeard to be in fair cond for a restore. what do you think?????5,6,7,8,9,10,thousand$$$$ ??

Are you sure? I think you could get a small block in a convert or is it a Coronet 500 thing? What's it worth? Would need to see some pics or a better description of the car. My buddy has a 1970 Coronet 500, factory 383 Magnum car with a special order "999" paint code, cool car. Way more rare than a Super Bee or Coronet R/T! Would be a cool car if you could get your hands on it!

I believe there was a 318 available in that year/model. As for pricing, I would need additional info, history and pics to give an assessment. Good luck.

i've found a 1970 dodge 500 conv with the superbee stripes and hood that has been parked in a open ended shed for about 25 years. i know they didnt make a SB conv. . the guy calls me to make him a offer on the car. i know they made way less than a thousand of these ,and it apeard to be in fair cond for a restore. what do you think?????5,6,7,8,9,10,thousand$$$$ ??

i think he means a Super Bee vert, not small block.

i would try to get it as cheap as possible. 25 years in an open-end shed could reduce a car to crap. get some pics.

i think he means a Super Bee vert, not small block.

i would try to get it as cheap as possible. 25 years in an open-end shed could reduce a car to crap. get some pics.

1970 Super Bee convertable, Dodge never made one for production. One prototype was made for 1968, that's it. Someone must have put the stripes and hood on, who know, could be a dealer installed item!

The Coronet 500 'vert was made with the 318. It sounds like it has had the stripe and Super Bee hood added by reading your post. Hard to give you a value without pictures, but good solid 70 B body 'vert should be worth about $8 if it runs and drives, despite it's 318 engine. The value could be significantly less if it is rusty or needs engine or brake work.

GOT A 383 MAG ENGINE center console and the rally dash...guy thinks its a superbee conv but its not ,just has the stripes and a S-BEE HOOD. I OFFERED HIM $8 FOR A NONRUNNING CAR and he acted offended so i reckon i'll take the 68 gtx that runs for $10 i found ,and wait this guy out. its a well hidden car that nobody knows about ooh well....C

The rallye dash must be from a Super Bee too, the 1970 Coronet 500 and R/T's only had the standard dash.

At the past English town mopar show there was a 1970 B5 blue cornet 500 convertiable. 318, buckets, console. Original and very solid & running. It was $6000.

-
Back