who can you trust? just venting!

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
ok so i traded my intake to a member for another intake he had and through the deal i was told that the intake was great no stirpped holes or problems, and now i run across a old post from Tnutz144 that was selling this intake and stated "Holley Strip Dominator intake for SB Mopar. Not available new anymore for SB Mopar according to Summit Racing. Good shape, but there is a very small crack about 1" right below the "Holley" stamping to the right of the thermostat. It does leak, but it is very, very slight. I have been told it could be fixed either by JB Weld or a simple weld. Just want potential buyer to know it's there. $75" also "UPDATE: 10/30/08.....both intakes are sold...thanks to RBDART!!" now i dont know about all the rest of you guys but i think of this place as another type of ebay with better prices and people you can actually trust, so when i saw that post by Tnutz144 i was kinad shocked that someone on this fourm would treat their fellow mopar Enthusiasts this way! so i just want to say thanks to everyone that is honest including you Tnutz144 and to all that are out there just to make a buck and dont care what you do to get cash go somewhere else, because i think i speak for more than myself when i say we dont want the dishonesty here on forabodiesonly.com! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

You can trust me!! I hate being screwed, wouldn't do it to anyone, especially here on FABO!!

I must be trustworthy. I seem to talk people out of buying the stuff I have because I don't want them to be disappointed! :sad3:

i think trust is something i take for granted here...with such a great group here that really makes you feel like a family, i kind of forget sometimes that there might be some guys who just come on here and dont care about anyone else and just try to make a quick buck or falsely portray their items...havent ran across those type of people myself, but i think its definatly something i overlook considering how great of a group this is...sorry for what happened to your intake, hope it works out in the end

Soooooooo, this vent is about ...............who?

Question: Who can you trust?

Answer: NO ONE!

Trust has to earned these days. I have friend that I could trust with my money, house, possessions, etc... but at first I wouldn't have. Maybe it's just me or that's seems the way I tick I guess.

Would you walk up to a complete stranger... hand him $5000 and say "I'll be back in one hour to get the money back." ?

I sure wouldn't... LOL!

everybody I have delt w/ is totally up front.....<snip>
And that is the way it should be, I always check here before going elsewhere, it just makes sense. Get a good deal and benefit a member as well. That is what this great group is all about.
AL

Before i will accept money on a questionable part i will send the part, unpaid to the buyer and ask him to evaluate the part and then we go from there. If it's no good, throw it in the scap pile. Done deal. The question of honesty has left my side of the field and it is now in your court.

Always use PayPal!

I had a problem from a guy on ebay.... PayPal filed a claim against him. They gave him 14 days to come up with the money or the item. Make a long story short I got my item. I called PayPal and they canceled the claim and all was good. It's the same thing if you are dissatisfied with a item also. You just got to make sure that they have a return policy BEFORE you buy the item. You don't have to be on ebay to use PayPal. If I buy something from Small Block I will enter his info that he gives me to pay him through PayPal. He sees that he has been paid and then ships the item. Therefore there is always someone besides the seller and the buyer. (Just in case someone didn't realize how handy PayPal can be)

I haven't had much experience here but everyone I have dealt with has been helpful and upfront. I did buy a grill it is for a daily driver and I was just looking for something that doesn't look like crap like mine. The buy I bought it from even pointed out hairline cracks I wouldn't have noticed without a thorouh inspection.

I hear ya. I bought some wheels from a member here that were "like new, never been on a car". I bought them when I was overseas, got home a couple days ago and opened them to see that one has a dent in it, like it was run into a curb, and both have surface rust all over them. Haven't really tried cleaning them up to see what they look like clean because I was so disgusted when I saw the condition they were in, that I didn't feel like messing with them anymore. Also bought a 90 degree oil filter adapter and got home to see that it looked like it had been buried in the salt flats for about 5 years. I'm not buying anything else on here unless I can see it first.

Always use PayPal!

I had a problem from a guy on ebay.... PayPal filed a claim against him. They gave him 14 days to come up with the money or the item. Make a long story short I got my item. I called PayPal and they canceled the claim and all was good.

Likewise - except my problem was with a lady in CA who who decided to more than double the shipping/handling charges on me than was quoted in the ad. I objected, she refused to answer my emails. Contacted PayPal - they put a hold on her account. Needless to say I heard from her right away since she couldn't access her account (apparently with quite a bit of money in it). Told her as soon as I got my fender in the condition as described, I would let PayPal know. Received it in short order at the price originally quoted for shipping and as described. Let PayPal know, they removed the hold and as mullinax said, all was good.

Likewise - except my problem was with a lady in CA who who decided to more than double the shipping/handling charges on me than was quoted in the ad. I objected, she refused to answer my emails. Contacted PayPal - they put a hold on her account. Needless to say I heard from her right away since she couldn't access her account (apparently with quite a bit of money in it). Told her as soon as I got my fender in the condition as described, I would let PayPal know. Received it in short order at the price originally quoted for shipping and as described. Let PayPal know, they removed the hold and as mullinax said, all was good.

LOL!!

I love it! That's a good one there... didn't take long for her to get in contact with you did it? LOL

PayPal don't play!

I cannot stand a thief or a dishonest person... they both the same if you ask me!

I've bought a crap load of parts from our wonderful members here on FABO. I've actually got just about everything for my project from here. I haven't had any problems what so ever. I've actually had more problems with the USPS than anything.

Trust? I mailed a part to a senior member before I even got the check.... and yes I got the check.

The way I see it. I think of this site like I do ebay or something. Your reputation will get totally thrashed if you do anything stupid. I know I'll do some thrashing, and I would expect someone else to do the same If I did something stupid. If you cant get your parts on here than your F'ed. At least I would have been.

Soooooooo, this vent is about ...............who?

quote from Tnutz144 "Holley Strip Dominator intake for SB Mopar. Not available new anymore for SB Mopar according to Summit Racing. Good shape, but there is a very small crack about 1" right below the "Holley" stamping to the right of the thermostat. It does leak, but it is very, very slight. I have been told it could be fixed either by JB Weld or a simple weld. Just want potential buyer to know it's there. $75" also "UPDATE: 10/30/08.....both intakes are sold...thanks to RBDART!!"

i traded the guy that got both intakes!

Trust? I mailed a part to a senior member before I even got the check.... and yes I got the check.
LOL! I think that was me when I got that RPM Airgap. You sure made the transaction easy. I couldn't believe you said to just send a check. :prayer:
Working nights and trying to stay up till the post office opens up is really hard sometimes. Thanks again.

I know how much you guys love FABO and would really hate to screw up your reputation here. I am really trusting of the people here on this site, especially if you have been here over a year.

I have had nothing but the best of luck in dealing with people on here. Ive had people go out of their way to make sure that I knew everything there was to know about what I was buying. Ive never sold anything on here though. I have my little stockpile of parts that Ive either replaced or just come across and they were thrown in as an extra when I bought something I needed. So all of that stuff I consider to have been "free" so if I come across someone needing something I have in that pile I just send it to them and hope it works out for them and if not then atleast they arent out any money.

Ive only delt with a couple people on here and I had good results so im not complaining. I allways ask all questions and make sure I get pictures before I buy anything.

I've dealt with several people here and everyone has been pretty straight with me and all but one have sent the parts while waiting for my money order to cross in the mail , some things have been a little dirty or surface rust and I agree with the guy who said ups is a problem but this site is all about trust and people need to know when someone is double dealing -just my 2 cents

Ive bought and sold and traded a lot of stuff with guys on here,so far everything has gone great.I have some stuff sold though,been paind for it,and have fallen on financial dificulties,so i havent been able to send the parts out,and im sure those guys are getting pretty ill at me about it.I cant say i blame them at all.I plan to when the cash allows,send them there parts,and there money back.I know these guys only wants there parts back,but its only fair i think to reimburse them for having to wait so long.Ive also got a memebers 71 dodge charger here im suppose to so prep(do all the body repair)Prime,and paint in partial trade deal,and again,financial dificulties are keeping me from holding up my end of the deal there.I wish this economy would pick up quick,so i can do what i said id do.The 4 kids have to eat first though.As far as folks selling something thats not as advertised,i havent had any problems with that,and every one who has bought from me really liked the parts they recieved.

I can't say enough about this site and it's members, I bought a intake from racerx that showed up today. Man this was great, he sent it in the original box and included a set of fel pro gaskets. I noticed he paid a bit more to have it shipped than he told me but covered the cost from his end, try that with ebay LOL.
You can't lose being a member here, and hope to meet a bunch of ya this year at Moparfest.
AL

-
Back