Who carries?

-
I live in an open carry state..So I usually have something in the vehicle or on me.

usually a S&W 1911 PD .45
or a Springfield XD 9mm 4"

I CC carry my S&W body guard every day with the Hornady Critical Defnse. I would rather always have it with me and never need it then not and need it once. I find I am a lot more aware of my surroundings and try to never put myself in a situation where I need it.

With the .380 no one knows I have it because It's small and light and very easy to conceal and like someone else said I have yet to meet someone who wants to be hit by one.

Don't forget to practice a lot

From the Hornady website

• Unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, including denim and leather.
  • Patented FTX bullet delivers superior controlled expansion and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities.
  • Clean burning and stable propellants reduce recoil in lightweight handguns, and perform consistently in all temperatures.
  • Minimal muzzle flash protects night vision.
  • Feeds reliably in all pistols.
  • Shiny silver nickel plating prevents corrosion, and is easily visible in low light situations.
  • Bullets are cannelured and crimped to avoid bullet setback.
  • Bullets are custom designed for individual loads.
  • The most effective, consistent, and reliable self-defense ammunition available today!

1911 has Ranger SXT's and Hornady TAP's in various 8rd mags.

9mm has a full mag of older "black talons" and some other hollow point ammo that I can't remember at the moment.

I like to practice alot, but lately ammo prices are gouging me pretty bad and I don't have any reloading equipment.:wack:

Hornady makes some damn good ammunition.

There is a nice book called "Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States" written by J. Scott Kappas, Esq. This book gives a 1 page summary of the firearm laws for each state. So if you plan on carrying in different states this would be a good book. I purchase a new one every year as the laws are constantly changing.

I see you are in PA. Ohio does not recognize a PA conceal carry permit nor does PA recognize an Ohio conceal carry permit. But, I was able to get a PA permit by sending a copy of my OH CCW permit and of course $25 to a PA sherriff (don't remember which one) and a week later I had a PA conceal carry permit. Doing this gives you a few more states to carry in that your PA permit does not cover. For Example your PA permit does not allow you to carry in Deleware but an Ohio permit does.

Good Luck!

I have numerous firearms but normally when I'm carrying its my Taurus PT809 9mm loaded with a mix of American Eagle flatpoints and hollow points alternated with the flat leading the way. Two TAP shots at each "target" gets me penetration and tumble with the flat and the spalling with the HP...

There is a nice book called "Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States" written by J. Scott Kappas, Esq. This book gives a 1 page summary of the firearm laws for each state. So if you plan on carrying in different states this would be a good book. I purchase a new one every year as the laws are constantly changing.

I see you are in PA. Ohio does not recognize a PA conceal carry permit nor does PA recognize an Ohio conceal carry permit. But, I was able to get a PA permit by sending a copy of my OH CCW permit and of course $25 to a PA sherriff (don't remember which one) and a week later I had a PA conceal carry permit. Doing this gives you a few more states to carry in that your PA permit does not cover. For Example your PA permit does not allow you to carry in Deleware but an Ohio permit does.

Good Luck!
As scuba0331 states this book is worth its weight in gold.
It list all the states Attoreny Generals and phone numbers. Always call to check the states laws. They seem to change over night.
One note if a state recognizes an out of state permit.Sometimes you MUST be a resident of that state. Other states will recognize it.
Bottom line get the book and read it. Well worth it.

Living in Fl, hot. So I just put a Beretta .25 in my front pocket. Don't even know it is there. Used to carry Browning Hi-power during the winter, but a pain. The .25 will do it's job.

-
Back