Who else is hunkered down?

-
I am watching this big monster daredevil and it has breached the walls and is looking bad to me.
Keep us updated and hope you and your family will make it though this ok.

IKE has moved allot of folk from there homes and there homes are taking a betting, Galveston Tx may be 10 feet under from what the news is saying.
But that is the worst scenario, the sea walls have been breached there.
Prayers go out to the folks in the path of this monster.

get that 1 ton in the garage and put that ford ranger infront of the bay window!...cmon man! pray and trust in the lord.

The people has been told to wright there ss# on there arms that did not evacuate, Galviston.:tongue9:
This storm is strengthening daredevil, High tide will be at 4am.
are you still with us daredevil.!!!!

DareDevil, you've been in my thoughts ever since I saw it heading your way. Sending thoughts, prayers, and speedy insurance adjusters to all of you on the Gulf Coast. I wouldn't wish that stuff on anybody. Stay safe!!!

... Take some 'after' pictures from the same locations to give us SoCal folks an idea of what those things are like. Curious to see if any leaves will still be on the trees. Hope the bbq in the backyard is till around after.
Again, good luck. I'll take the rare shaker we get out here over the annual hurricanes, tornadoes, and blizzards anytime!

ocdart, here's a couple in the meantime of our house (built in 1891 about 25 miles west of New Orleans), before and after Hurricane Katrina. Should hold you over for a few hours.

Anybody blame me for moving to Tennessee??? :-D

Best of luck down there ya'll ... I'll be thinking of you.

good luck buddy hopes and prayers with you been through a few of these living on the pennsula of va

just some strong wind so far. we.re hanging in there. will post results in the morning if i can. thanks to all my friends here sending messages of encouragement.

won't even get leftovers here..... Hope you don't run out of beer!!

If daredevil does lose internet and I can still get ahold of them then I will keep you wonderful people updated. I really wish I was back home with my family. It feels weird being an onlooker.

Stay safe there daredevil........I know you are protected from above...:angel9:

A big fire in Houston is burning , unknown what building it is.
Hang in there daradevil, We all are keeping you in our prayers.:clock:

IKE is 600 miles wide :tongue9:

Daredevil, Just wanted to let you know your in my thoughts and I said a prayer for you and your family too. I hope that your safe right now.

2.30 in the morning and still hanging in there. still have my power and i think im on the edge. whats that old saying about things that go bump in the night lol. had a little nap i may stay up and start drinking again.lol

I got me about 5 hours of sleep and had to check on yall down there.
The wind should be shifting out of the west by know on you daredevil.
How are you doing bud?
Do you still have electricity?

Looks like you have about 4 to five more hours of this big monster daredevil.

Where are ya Daredevil? How ya makin out? This has been interesting reading this morning! I love how everyone supports everyone else. You still online here this morning Daredevil....Darn I got to go watch the news!

Where are ya Daredevil? How ya makin out? This has been interesting reading this morning! I love how everyone supports everyone else. You still online here this morning Daredevil....Darn I got to go watch the news!

daredevil is in the Houston area.:tongue9:

" Houston we have a problem !!!!" I hope all is well down there for you buddy.... Let us know asap..... Good luck...

We had some wind and rain but no tornadoes. Next store neighbor has no power but I do. Looks like I need a new shingle job ,im missing some around the edges but overall pretty lucky. Ike can take a hike.

I'm sorry...I kinda slept through the whole thing.:-D
Last night I was at one of my nephew's football games. He's a kicker, (ranked #6 in the state I think) and as I was standing in line for a ticket, I missed the kickoff and him making the tackle. Very little rain and/or wind here....so far

DD...glad you and your's are Okie Dokie:cheers::cheers:

-
Back