Who else is hunkered down?

-
Saw your handle on the board so I thought I'd ask how you've fared. The weather people up here made it sound like the sky was going to fall in on us, but it's more like another rain shower. Gusty wind makes riding the bike a bit dodgey (pardon the pun) proposition. But otherwise, life goes on.

Glad to see you made it through with little damage. I know some are alot worse off than you. I'm just starting to see some of the coastal damage and it is pretty bad. Alot of houses look like piles of match sticks.

I'm sorry...I kinda slept through the whole thing.:-D
Last night I was at one of my nephew's football games. He's a kicker, (ranked #6 in the state I think) and as I was standing in line for a ticket, I missed the kickoff and him making the tackle. Very little rain and/or wind here....so far

DD...glad you and your's are Okie Dokie:cheers::cheers:

You missed the kick off and he made the tackle being the kicker.:cheers:

He sounds like a go getter to me, Congrat's to him and a proud uncle.:rock:

I bet you are a proud one=D>

Hey, Pete, glad to see you dodge the worst of Ike. Looks like you don't have to worry about flooding, do you? That bites about the shingles - unless your house was really needing a re-roof.

Keep up posted,
Jerry

Good to still have ya Daredevil. The eye or center of what was left went right through West Plains and you could tell when it did as the wind calmed and then in a few minutes it picked up again. The back yard is full of broken limbs and the neighbor across the road has trees down in his yard. My S-I-L is a city ploce officer and they will work way into the morning filing reports. M-I-L lives in the country club area and she says all you can hear are chain saws going at it. Slight wind/rain and cooler now but the storm has passed and headed on. It blew big time here from midnight till about 30 min ago. Looks like the weather will be good for MMW. Come on thursday evening. I'm outa here.

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you all know that my dad (Daredevil) is actually without internet right now so don't think he is ignoring you.

Thanks for the update NitroGirl. Watching the news last night, there were some pretty scary pictures from the affected areas, and it looks like the water and power may be out for weeks. Hope your dad gets his internet back soon. You can make do without water or electricity, but no FABO!! Wow. Keep us updated on your dad's situation please.

Thanks for the update NitroGirl. Watching the news last night, there were some pretty scary pictures from the affected areas, and it looks like the water and power may be out for weeks. Hope your dad gets his internet back soon. You can make do without water or electricity, but no FABO!! Wow. Keep us updated on your dad's situation please.

Well he has water and power just no internet.

Tuff break for all those that live in that area. I feel bad for them, but at the same time I knew there is a reason I live clear over here.

Good luck to all

-
Back