Who else wants their old toys back?

-
Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. I still have a bunch of those ROMs here somewhere.
Reminded me of a bit of arcade trivia that is mopar related...
For those who are familiar with the recalled steering wheel,
those wheels were used on driving simulator arcade machines.

Some say the recalled used wheels were resold to the simulator builder.
Others say the balance of unused new production wheels were sold to them.
I figure both is probably true.

I thought they looked familiar! Interesting source for wheels on cars that got them, if you are into restoring cars with recall gear. Some do.

Aside from the slew of driving simulators (Cruisin USA, Cruisin World and Fast and Furious games immediately come to mind) that featured Chrysler stuff, the Dodge Viper had it's own dedicated pinball machine, manufactured by Sega.

8212961968_edbba5f193.jpg

The MAME front end is cool to run ROMs That Hyperspin runs MAME and other system emulators on a really nice front end that has animated menus and LED controls that can be triggered by ROM file callouts, like turning an RGB LED red when you get a game over, etc. Hyperspin is also free with a supporting forum. Open source. Good stuff.

I wish there were 2 of me, so I could work on more junk. Always too busy!

Interesting to note that on the circa 1976 Marx? Pit Change Charger...the callouts for the engine were for 451 CI!!!

That "secret recipe" must have already been out.

Attachments

• pcc.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 284
I remember finally "beating" "Simon".

It was either a 256 or 512 sequence.

I remember thinking that was an odd number.

Of course those are VERY common numbers in electronics.

256 rings a bell. I have one of the first ones, somewhere. haha... That Charger is sweet. I'd love to have an original '68 resin model of mine.

I did manage to find a '72 D100 SE 1:25 model of my truck. Super unusual. Even has the same eliptical upholstery buttons and trim line. I paid about $60 for it, though, still worth it. I've never seen another.

I'm restoring a Playmobile Deluxe Dashboard from 1961
Pic is what it should look like. Santa brought me one when I was 5.
Wife bought me one last Christmas that needed a lot of work.
having the darn box professionally restored would be the most expensive part :(

I remember those.
I wanted one of those REALLY bad when I was 5 also.
Didn't look like that on a black and white TV though.
Thats cool.

I'll take my green and white ALL metal pedal car. Don't remember much about it but had a blast driving around in it.

I'd like to have the Crossman pump BB gun I got for my 12th birthday back.
Must a shot 50,000 lizards with that thing and a good amount of jackrabbits.
They don't make them like they used to.
Self striking stick matches were fun to shoot out of it too.

Well, that and my 69 440 roadrunner that I bought for 1,200 bucks.

I asked my old man for a BB gun. He said it was too dangerous. So he bought me a 44 magnum instead. He's from Texas!!!

I want the redhead that lived on 7th St. back ...that was my girl in 7th grade ...thank God for real redheaded women.. they are ....wait the wife is coming ..got to g .........

I remember those.
I wanted one of those REALLY bad when I was 5 also.
Didn't look like that on a black and white TV though.
Thats cool.

They made a Rocket control panel too ( I didn't get into sci-fi until Star Trek ).
Deluxe Reading toys were mass produced and marketed through grocery stores. That was and probably still is lowest cost wide distribution.

In no particular order-

Micronauts

Voltron

Star Blazers

Robotech/Macross

Yep, I want my Sizzlers back, and the "Big O Layout", and the highly coveted "Shutdown" game out Dad got from the dealership when he bought his 70 RR convertible!

But of all the toys I had in my youth, the one I remember the most was our "Tot Rods"...pedal cars that looked like race cars. I have a pic somewhere of my brother and I in our that ill dig out and include when I find it!

My brother still has his Pit Change Charger ,'and I would love to see the box again from the "Big O Layout we had! Greg had it all drawn up on the outside with a big drag slick. We used to put our legs inside our drawn up boxes and push ourselves around the house and up to the TV and pretend we were at the drive-in!!

Oh, the good old days!!....

Man I would love to have my slot carssssssssssssssss back,anyone remember them they were the big cars.

Man I would love to have my slot carssssssssssssssss back,anyone remember them they were the big cars.

SLOT CARS! Man those were fun. My older brother had a Big Daddy Don Roth car along with his STP F1. There is a slot car track still in operation where I live.

Slot Cars, Meccano (I must have had very set) and three wheelers.
Between the 1984, 1985 Honda 250R's, 1986 350 X & Yamaha Tri Z 250 I had the Yamaha Tri Z was by far the best!
Here is a picture of a 350 X I did about six years ago.

Attachments

• ebay ads 002.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 140
I also remember in pre-school (yes pre-school) someone had donated an educational interactive traffic light controller set.

It had 1/25 (maybe 18th) scale cars in several different models, but I only remember the 63/64 impala.
They were metal, with white interiors, and a fair amount of detail.
They also had a heavy, flat metal plate on the bottom.

Also in the set was a four way intersection, with a traffic light.
It must have been about 3 feet square.

When you put the cars on it and approached the light, it changed and went through the G/Y/R sequence.

I can only assume it was made as a driver's ED aid, to show activation and light timing, and to caution against "stale" lights.

I loved that thing, and I remember they rarely had it out. I remember asking for it specifically several times, as I figured out where they kept it.

We used to put our legs inside our drawn up boxes and push ourselves around the house and up to the TV and pretend we were at the drive-in!!

That is adorable. I miss the Drive In's in Denver Metro.

I loved that thing, and I remember they rarely had it out. I remember asking for it specifically several times, as I figured out where they kept it.

Hell yes, you did! hahaha...

That jogged my memory of finding where they kept the Roller Racers during school, to pull out and use in the closed gym, during recess with my group of hooligan friends.

tumblr_kz2uyuOZ4l1qb3mmfo1_400.jpg

The gym teacher caught us, smiled and let us go for it, told us to put them back when we were done. It felt like we were in an underground gang, or something. They had velcro tape and the gym was closed loop carpetted. We would stick the tape down and make race tracks and try to do the fastest laps.

Wow. It's amazing what triggers memories.

-
Back