who has silver a bodies?

-

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
was silver an option from the factory in the 60s and 70s?I hardly ever see a silver mopar at all,except the newer ones,but the ones i have seen were really sweet looking,mostly with red interiors ans red tail stripes.Id like to see some silver 70-72 darts

A4 silver was an option in 1966. In most lighting situations it looks green. This particular optional color also got a "buffed paint" treatment when the car was ordered with this as a solid color. These are photos of a 66 GT I restored about eight years ago.

66DartGT rear.jpg

66 Dart GT 001.jpg

its very different.I had a silver 73 road runner once,but wasnt sure it was factory or not.A guy bought it from me the same day i got it home,so i didnt have the chance to check the paint code.It had red stripes on the outside,and blue interior,kinda funky.

My daughter's '75 Swinger is a factory silver car with a crappy Maco blue paint job. May go back to the silver.

My 68 notchback parts car is exactly that, silver/gray (what paint is still on it anyway) with maroon interior. I've never took a picture of it.

I have a 68 Valiant in silver, my pictures are at home on my computer, I will post some pics tongiht. Its silver with blue upper door frames. According to my research this is the way it left the factory.

was silver an option from the factory in the 60s and 70s?I hardly ever see a silver mopar at all,except the newer ones,but the ones i have seen were really sweet looking,mostly with red interiors ans red tail stripes.Id like to see some silver 70-72 darts
My first car was a 1966 Dodge Polara factory silver, I bought it from a local fireman who bought it new from the dealer. I don't think it was a special order car, but i could be wrong.

Not currently, but I had a 1973 Dart Sport 318, auto, a/c car that was a factory A5 silver car w/ white vinyl top.

I have a 65 Barracuda Formula S car that was ordered with silver paint.
The 705 sales code for this paint was a $17.00 option apparently to cover the cost of special buffing done on the car after paint was applied at the factory. According to my research, in for 65 model year, silver was exclusive to the Barracuda and actually called "Barracuda Silver". The paint code for 1965 was N. It changed to code A in 66
My car has blue interior and ordered w/o the racing stripe.
The car is currently under restoration, so no pictures available now.

Even though ive bought all my apint already,im seriously debating on painting my car viper silver,or something similar.The 72 dart above is one of the reasons i fell in love with darts,and why i bought mine.I saw it,or one very similar to it forsale on ebay a while back with a 451 stroker motor,that was just awsome,inside and out.I want something that is really different from all the other mopars,and i think silver,with some hemi orange accents would be the trick

My 1968 Valiant, notice the incorrect hood, grille, and bumper. I have collected the correct grille so far and I am in the process of looking for the rest of the pieces to the puzzle.

2007_10070025.jpg

2007_10070028.jpg

A4 silver was an option in 1966. In most lighting situations it looks green. This particular optional color also got a "buffed paint" treatment when the car was ordered with this as a solid color. These are photos of a 66 GT I restored about eight years ago.

This was an extra cost paint because of the buffing required (gold was the same way in '66). The car was delivered with a black interior and no canopy vinyl roof.

Here's my 75 ValiantDSCF0158.jpg The reason I bought it was because of the silver and maroon color. This is my 5th Mopar with that color.

DSCF0158.jpg

I've got plenty of pics of silver A bodies - one of my favorite colors. My Dart was silver actually (first paint job) - the painter could not shoot silver and I re-prepped and went sublime shot by someone else! IF you consider silver - make certain your painter can handle it !

100_0962 (Small).JPG

100_0969 (Small).JPG

-
Back