who has the best price on A-body sheet metal??

-

mopar65

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but i have started the body work on my 73 duster .
I need both outer trunk pans and both sides lower 1/4 panel patch panels.I found a few places on E-bay that have them. but i would like to get them from a vendor on here if possible.
Oh i would like to say that after sanding on this car for 6 hours the last two nights i would rather stick to mechanic work.lol But I would like to give a big thank you to Dallas Rice aka Mobody man for all the help and doing most of the work on it.lol thanks Mopar65:cheers::burnout::burnout:

So are you looking for best price or best quality because there is a BIG difference. It is like the old saying goes- you get what you pay for so be very careful when buying body parts. Do a LOT of research before spending your hard earned money to insure that you are happy with the fit and finish of any panel.

So are you looking for best price or best quality because there is a BIG difference. It is like the old saying goes- you get what you pay for so be very careful when buying body parts. Do a LOT of research before spending your hard earned money to insure that you are happy with the fit and finish of any panel.

good point. i was looking at AMD sheet metal. was just wondering if anybody knew if any body was selling it cheaper than direct. if that makes sense.

If it was me I would go with AMD for panels. If you are looking for trunk or floor panels there is nothing better than original, so check the for sale section here as there are floors and trunks there for sale. JMO

I agree. AMD is top notch. If you decide to go with used panels you'll have a tough time finding rust free trunk extensions and lower quarters and they end up being more work if they weren't cut out properly (if someone cut the spot welds with a plasma cutter for example)

AMD

007-1.jpg

we got our quarters and other parts from Dante's
he is a AMD distributor

I used Goodmark 1/4s on my cuda because AMD wasn`t making them at the time the real problem with GM panels are the corners and body lines aren`t sharp there rounded if you stay way from body lines there ok. I noticed that the front of the 1/4 at the door was not shaped well so I cut it back 2" and left the factory metal there I wish I did it in the back also because now I have to cut up the new 1/4 to make it right I`ll toss a few pics up to show you what I mean

Attachments

• 2012-12-16_12-14-42_22.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 2013-02-18_16-22-49_448.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 145
-
Back