Who has these Pentastars?

-
They look great! I'm glad to see how good they look on your engine.
I'm sure at some point you're going to get tired of hearing this but thank you and thank you LOL. I'm over the moon that's all I can say, over the moon!

The homemade ones could be coated to match an engine, or polished and coated in candy colors. It would look like a colored mirror ... maybe some flake :lol:
39442745_2060805533943937_3676748895959908352_n.jpg
466908_385253408165833_34110137_o.jpg
IMG_20190313_223541_792.jpg

Okay over the moon and into the stratosphere I just found a cool spot for my spare air breather hold down that came with the valve cover hold Downs. My new throttle cable stop nut...
View attachment 1715307959
Can you get me a measurement on the size of those? I'm Thinking of testing my design out and would like to make them at least this size or a bit bigger red arrows show my needs. thanks

pentastar1.jpg

Can you get me a measurement on the size of those? I'm Thinking of testing my design out and would like to make them at least this size or a bit bigger red arrows show my needs. thanks

View attachment 1715308844
No problem I'll go grab my tape measure and run them acrost. When you get them done I'm hoping I'm going to have to give you my address... Hang tight I'll run out to the garage now..

I don't know if you had one or touched one but that metal looking part of the pentastar does not protrude. It's under a smooth glass Jewel type feel..

I don't know if you had one or touched one but that metal looking part of the pentastar does not protrude. It's under a smooth glass Jewel type feel..
Thanks,looks like I can make em 2 sizes 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" (got dual 1barrel setup that would need the bigger ones.) I planned on doing an acrylic dome after carving the star and painting blue, I already did a couple domed key fobs for friends at Christmas(chevy and ford ones though but we're still friends even though they are crazy). They came out great. Going to do a Red set for my engine since it's a 66 and bright red. I'll have to find chrysler blue in powder coat for them to be better heat resistant though.

Okay one more with the carburetors on..
View attachment 1715307953
Everything still pretty dusty from all the sanding, but I did try and protect the engine bay the best I could..
Looks good!! But do those of us who are slightly OCD a favor and turn your air cleaner lids so the Direct Connection is facing the front of the car. :poke: :D

Looks good!! But do those of us who are slightly OCD a favor and turn your air cleaner lids so the Direct Connection is facing the front of the car. :poke: :D
Now see I'm OCD as heck myself and I figured one on each side cuz the person looking from one side direction of clearsight at it. If you're standing in front of me you could get ran over!!

Thanks,looks like I can make em 2 sizes 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" (got dual 1barrel setup that would need the bigger ones.) I planned on doing an acrylic dome after carving the star and painting blue, I already did a couple domed key fobs for friends at Christmas(chevy and ford ones though but we're still friends even though they are crazy). They came out great. Going to do a Red set for my engine since it's a 66 and bright red. I'll have to find chrysler blue in powder coat for them to be better heat resistant though.
Anything yet?

Anything yet?
going to test it out this week end. (got the chrysler blue paint and the epoxy has come in so I think I"m ready to test it out. (no you can't see the failures, I'll hide them in shame!:()

going to test it out this week end. (got the chrysler blue paint and the epoxy has come in so I think I"m ready to test it out. (no you can't see the failures, I'll hide them in shame!:()
Keep it real! As many great things as I've produced I always show my failures..

Keep it real! As many great things as I've produced I always show my failures..
ahhh I'd probably have to have 2 or 3 posts if they still only allow 10 pic's, unless I group all my failures together. the design is (I think) ready to cut , but the hold down procedure is biting me in the begind since I only have ly little cnc running at this time and it has a MDF table. everyone knows what happens when you get liquid on mdf. poof the fat wet sawdust!

I have one of those blue air cleaner nuts floating around somewhere. was on my dart for a while but my hood started rubbing on it, so i took it off. Younger kid that Raced in OH with me had a bucket of them. He owned a few max wedge, and 80's mopar garlits replicas. Haven't talked to him in years, but he was a real mopar collector with all kinds of luck finding rare NOS stuff.
Still waiting for you to find yours....?

just built a house and in the process of moving all the garage stuff. you'll be the first to know when it turns up.
Lots of April showers here in Portland this year, but looking to get the car out next month and start letting people see the Mopar greatness that is direct connection...

-
Back