Who here has worked as a Porta Potty sucker ?

-
@pishta...reading about the fish smell couldn't help but laugh. I worked at a check printer for 6 or so years. We generated a ton of trash. Had a shredder and compactor on the trash dumpster. The dumpster got swapped weekly. Wasn't uncommon for us to get a dumpster that came from some sort of processing plant...that processed fish. Nothing like that smell in the middle of summer in Jersey...90+* with 80% humidity....good times...

I work for a utility company. And by utility I mean sewer, water and storm pipe. I started at 19 years old as a laborer working in the ditches and manholes. Replacing and rehabbing sewer lines. I've since worked my way up through the company and now do pipeline inspection. With what is basically a remote controlled camera. It's not too bad of a job. We have a huge Vac truck that cleans and "vacs" the sewer lines clean. I make decent money and it pays the bills and my wife stays at home with the kids.

But you never "get used to it". The sulphur gases in the sewage actually numbs your sense of smell. And after a few years your smeller just doesn't smell anymore.

Also, it just so happens that one of the largest Porta potty companies in OKC is DIRECTLY next door to my companies shop. Guys don't tend to hang around at the shop at the end of the day when the tanks are being drained next door.

I have written graffitti on many, many walls of these things. The "Mexican Space Shuttle" was a fan favorite years ago. I also write:
*Don't eat the piss mint.
*Watch your toes, I cut the hose.
*This toilet paper is like John Wayne...Its rough and tough and won't take **** of of anyone.
*This place smells like my Uncles Meth Lab.
*Shaking your **** more than 3 times is considered masturbation and is not advised in this toilet.
*(Over the piss bucket) "KJs Hard Hat".

I have written graffitti on many, many walls of these things. The "Mexican Space Shuttle" was a fan favorite years ago. I also write:
*Don't eat the piss mint.
*Watch your toes, I cut the hose.
*This toilet paper is like John Wayne...Its rough and tough and won't take **** of of anyone.
*This place smells like my Uncles Meth Lab.
*Shaking your **** more than 3 times is considered masturbation and is not advised in this toilet.
*(Over the piss bucket) "KJs Hard Hat".
-----------------------------------------------YUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Growing up we had a septic tank. City put sewer lines in, mandated everyone tie into them. Had to have the septic tank pumped/filled or removed. The poop pumper guy was kneeling down by the open tank. Mackey, our Collie we had, jumped on folks when they were kneeling down. She jumped on him from behind...needless to say what happened.....

the collie drowned?

Just like there's a need for doctors, there's a need for poop pumpers and ditch diggers.

how did the saying go?

"one can dig a ditch so straight and true, even God can look it through"

@pishta...reading about the fish smell couldn't help but laugh. I worked at a check printer for 6 or so years. We generated a ton of trash. Had a shredder and compactor on the trash dumpster. The dumpster got swapped weekly. Wasn't uncommon for us to get a dumpster that came from some sort of processing plant...that processed fish. Nothing like that smell in the middle of summer in Jersey...90+* with 80% humidity....good times...

you think that is bad, i used to work at a place which was downwind from a candy bar plant
when the wind was just right, and it was warm out the whole shop would smell like kit-kat bars
i would get so hungry working there

There is a Farmer John, Hoffy and an ALPO processing plant within a mile of each other in LA, stinks to high heaven once they get going, and there is a Bandini fertilizer plant 3 miles before them. Dirty jobs, no: They F'n stink!

Man...Summer days are the worst for this. I've been a Carpenter for years and it still sucks.
Sometimes the ****-sucker shows up right as we are eating lunch....The ungodly stench of anal waste and used beer wafts up in the air and gags almost everyone on the job. The dude that services our site wears a tank top, no gloves, no eye protection and regular street shoes.
Who are these people??? Who the hell has the ability to tolerate the smell? I don't care what it pays, it does not matter. You could dress me in an astronaut suit with my own air filtration system and I'd still say no.
Other jobs I've worked, the service guys would wear a rubber apron and work boots. Who knows? There has to be occasional spillage, right?
This one guy I knew was working a job when the ****-sucker rolled in to do the job. My friend said the sucker had the sucker wand in one hand and a sandwich in the other and smiled at him.
What the hell, man ???

Oh you mean The Martuni Truck !

Plumbers creed- Crap rolls downhill, payday is Friday and don't chew your fingernails.

I wouldn't be able to deal with that for a living. We have one at the shop for 4 of us to use and gets flushed every Thursday. I do make the time to befriend the guys that take care of us though and offer up cold beverage before he leaves because without them taking good care of us, the hot Florida summers are miserable doing paper work with the door open!

Guys that suck toilets....Imagine how pissed their wives would be if they wouldn't go down because of the smell....

The outhouse(s) we had at the ranch were never pumped out, Dad would toss some powdered lime down the hold once in a while. I believe when they got too "full" they were "retired" (took a long time-they were pretty deep) and they just dug another one nearby.

We used to take our dead pigs and cows directly to the rendering plant and the workers there would sit on top of the carcasses and eat their lunch and the stench was unimaginable

-
Back