Who knows 73 Darts extremely well ?

-

pearljam724

Reaction score
I’d like someone to confirm this. I have a set of what I believe is the original factory floor mats in mint condition in a 73 Dart. I have a a few reasons to believe that these are the Real McCoy. Due to a few other unmolested items. Build sheet, original bumper jack with extremely rare tie down spring and a few other items. Can someone that knows these cars in a lot of depth confirm that these are infact original ? Poor lighting in my garage. They are light gray.

D2BE82B2-B1C7-4AA3-A945-F93761674EAD.jpeg

E3945B10-909F-4852-81C4-A6C93C246743.jpeg

I wouldnt consider bumper jack, build sheet and jack hold down spring rare at all. Anyways, the mats appear to be real mopar but I dont think they came in the car. They were probably purchased at the dealership. They could also be from a more modern mopar.

I wouldnt consider bumper jack, build sheet and jack hold down spring rare at all. Anyways, the mats appear to be real mopar but I dont think they came in the car. They were probably purchased at the dealership. They could also be from a more modern mopar.
Build sheet for example is rare if it’s still in its original hideaway from the factory, untouched. Yeah, all cars had them. Finding them is not extremely common. Finding them in very good condition is not as common as you might think. The tie down springs for the jack aren’t very common to be found either. That is a common item to be lost over 50 years as people neglect to reinstall them, lose them, etc. That’s why they sell for close to 50 dollars on Ebay for that spring alone. Yes, common items. But, not as common to find them in cars today.

My Scamp has the original jack tie down spring, lug nut wrench, spare tire bolt, nut and fibre board for the spare tire. Even the original two sets of keys and key chain from the dealership my grandmother bought it from. Forty four years later I stopped by that dealership and they gave me the original invoice for the car from Chrysler Canada.

Finding them in very good condition is not as common as you might think
Not to brag... 2 almost perfect buildsheets, window sticker, original bill of sale, original jack and spring. 53 years of maintenance records with many receipts, one family car.

I need to buy a lottery ticket.

:rolleyes:

Not to brag... 2 almost perfect buildsheets, window sticker, original bill of sale, original jack and spring. 53 years of maintenance records with many receipts, one family car.

I need to buy a lottery ticket.

:rolleyes:
To be accurate. Most cars today, don’t have your car’s history.

Build sheet for example is rare if it’s still in its original hideaway from the factory, untouched. Yeah, all cars had them. Finding them is not extremely common. Finding them in very good condition is not as common as you might think. The tie down springs for the jack aren’t very common to be found either. That is a common item to be lost over 50 years as people neglect to reinstall them, lose them, etc. That’s why they sell for close to 50 dollars on Ebay for that spring alone. Yes, common items. But, not as common to find them in cars today.
I'll sell you all the hold down springs you can stand for $35 each!
Not as hard to get as you think. Vans sells them for $10 and if they sell them for that, they're buying them for less than a $1. I have pretty good idea where they get them.
Your mat might be from the era, but it's been trimmed. You can look on both edges and tell if it has.
It didn't come with the car, it was either added by dealer or purchased later.

-
Back