Who Remembers These?

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
so a friend of mine has a field filled with big block Chryslers, Dodges, Plymouths, and some GM's, and i figured i would start posting a pic every once in a while with a 'Remember These?' cause there are a LOT of unique cars out there =P~. so to start it off, who remembers these?

DodgeCamperSpecial.jpg

hey mike i dont see anything it says the image has been moved or deleted am i doing something wrong.

I remember overhead campers...but never saw one like that...reminds me of a Far Side joke...the ones about Bears from Hell....if they could only get the car going...:)

I just messed all over my keyboard!!! I love those and I want the grill out of it!

We DEFRIGGINMAND MORE PICS!!!!!!

haha well it was raining so i was just taking pics of everything out there, but next time i go out to his place i'll remember to take more pics of it for you 360scamp. actually he's got a lot of old cadillacs that you will probably like, i know youre into pre muscle stuff

ok here is a dumb question - what is it? looks like it would be awful top heavy. bet it wouldnt corner worth a damn!!!

when that was built, Route 66 was "the road" and 65 was fast..
Interstate highway were drawings on maps.
yeah, it had a hemi....

I really like that camper. I myself would take the camper off and work it into a usable truck tho.

I haven't seen one of those in years.

Used to be a few around in the late '60s, early '70s. Were they factory made? Or were they customized at an RV manufacturer?

And more importantly, is your friends place here on the Island? =P~

Comoxian,

yes he is here on the island. i'm not going to post where on here because he does like his privacy. but if you pm me ill give you my phone number, and next time you're up here looking for big block parts ill take you out there.

So, as for this Chrysler camper, what it really is (I asked Joe), is a 56 Chrysler Newport 4 door, 3 speed pushbutton auto that someone at one time dropped a 413 4bbl into. They then converted it into a camper like you see here. Whoever did it actually did a really good fab job. He also left the back doors intact, with little cables inside the front doors that you pull on and it opens them up. Inside makes for great storage space.

DodgeCamperSpecial.jpg

I,d Love To Take That Beast To Moparfest Next Year.it Would Be Cool To Stay In For The Weekend!you Could Put One Of Mrmopartechs Banners On It.that Would Get Noticed From The Next Town.lmao!!

Someone needs to restore that thing! It's gotta be rare. The closest thing I ever saw to that in person was a 67 Dodge pick-up camper built like the modern day class C RV's.

Someone needs to restore that thing! It's gotta be rare. The closest thing I ever saw to that in person was a 67 Dodge pick-up camper built like the modern day class C RV's.

Haha, it is rare, its a 1 of none 8). It used to be a 4 door car that someone converted into a camper. Joe thinks it will still run too. :-D

-
Back