Who thinks this car really has 13k miles?

-
Looks way to clean and looks like stock heater hoses also! To bad the oil change sticker is ripped!

Looks like some type of front end damage was repaired. The drivers fender is a different shade of gold. Also, it mentions "mostly original paint". Might of had a small fender-bender in its history, but looks darn original from here.

looks clean. looks like driver fender and passenger door were repainted so mileage doesn't really matter to me. id pay maybe 6.

i sure would like to have that front seat i have been looking for one like that and that color for years .

Looks like very little wear on the brake pedal and the texture is still on the steering wheel. That is a nice clean car and could very well be original mileage.

The black crap on the inner fender is undercoating likely applied early in the cars life. Companies like zeibart used to do that. They also drilled holes in the unibody and sprayed crap inside it. This is what the plastic plugs you can see on the back of the drivers door are.

Growing up near Pittsburgh, and if it is a original PA car,I would have to say yes or it would have rusted back into the ground by now.

The black crap on the inner fender is undercoating likely applied early in the cars life. Companies like zeibart used to do that. They also drilled holes in the unibody and sprayed crap inside it. This is what the plastic plugs you can see on the back of the drivers door are.

I saw the green plugs and wondered about that. I could not see the rear door frame where there might be some.
My Zeibart plugs from 73 are yellow.

An excellent way to determine mileage on any car is check the brake pad.....No one thinks to change it and if it had 113,000 it would show heavy wear.....13,000 should look like new

My 74 se has them under the doors and just outside the sill plates. You can see on when the door is closed. Kind of stinks.

If it is anything like my '74 which is over 100,000, the seats will be discolored some, dirt will be embedded in the armrest, the shift knob will show sings of wear, bushings on trans linkage will show wear, as will the door strikes and a lot of other stuff. The carpet will show wear by the pedals sometimes. The seat will even be a little flat. That car looks to be in good shape.

When my 75 Charger was new it was Zeibart-ed. The plugs were yellow and had the logo "Zeibart" on them. At the dealer ship we used a waxie substance from Quaker State and would rust proof with the wands and drilling plugs and so forth.I hated when the guys would spray that stuff under the hood on the inner fenders and we had to work on them.
Anyway I think it does have only 13K.Nice car the more I look at it.

There is no way in hell that car has 100K on the clock, unless it has been set up as a scam, and that should be something you can figure out.

At first when I saw it listed I agree with the 13k. Last night I questioned it again. I wanted people smarter than me to look before driving 2 hours to go look. The black on the firewall is what worried me. So the big question is what do I offer iif the wife likes??

What's up with the low hanging screw in the instrument cluster , did it just wiggle lose?

I would call it legit. Speedometers can be swapped easily but the engine compartment is way too original to have many miles on it.

It looks like the original upper hose and clamps, all the EGR switch vacuum lines, possibly the original alternator if the tag is still under the bolt. Looks like the original positive battery cable as well. It should still have the original black ECU with the CHRYSLER ELECTRONIC STICKER ON IT.

The only problem I can see is what would you do with it? If you drive it you run the miles up and eventually have to replace some wear items. If you drop in a larger engine then there goes all the originality because of course nobody wants vacuum lines or ac components to obstruct the view of that awesome 360.

Nice car but I see it living a life on the flip circuit from here on.

I would call it legit. Speedometers can be swapped easily but the engine compartment is way too original to have many miles on it.

It looks like the original upper hose and clamps, all the EGR switch vacuum lines, possibly the original alternator if the tag is still under the bolt. Looks like the original positive battery cable as well. It should still have the original black ECU with the CHRYSLER ELECTRONIC STICKER ON IT.

The only problem I can see is what would you do with it? If you drive it you run the miles up and eventually have to replace some wear items. If you drop in a larger engine then there goes all the originality because of course nobody wants vacuum lines or ac components to obstruct the view of that awesome 360.

Nice car but I see it living a life on the flip circuit from here on.

Well my plan would be to use the black interior out of our '73 and paint the car sublime. Our '73 is more of a project than what I can take on right now.

Well my plan would be to use the black interior out of our '73 and paint the car sublime. Our '73 is more of a project than what I can take on right now.

Your kidding right? It is a survivor.

Yeah...I hope you are certainly kidding. Dude...buy another car and build it the way you want. This car is doesn't deserve to be torn apart.

Hey, if he wants to spend $8K on an original paint low mileage survivor then ruin its low mileage originality, by swapping the interior, and painting its 40 plus year old garage kept original finish over with lime green, then i guess its his greenbacks to burn.

Back when these cars were 10 to 20 years old i dont think i would have cared, but at 40 plus years its a sin to do that. Get you a rust free Kalifornia body to do that to, or get a clean slant sux body with granny green interior. Thats a combo almost everybody seems to hate and reject. Paint it lime green, install your black interior, and swap in your V8. It seems you have the parts, all you need is a clean shell.

I know where there is a dark green/ granny green 74 slant sux dart sport just outside my town. Pretty solid car. I think he wants $3K. West texas NO rust.

-
Back