Who to Call for Fiberglass ?

-

draginmopars

Reaction score
70 Dart Swinger-
While we have it apart - to tub it out, looks like a good time to swap some parts :burnout:

looking for
Stock flat hood (Bolt on)
Front and rear bumpers
front and rear Valance panels

Thanks

AAR(Stinger) Fiberglass has everything you are looking for.

AAR(Stinger) Fiberglass has everything you are looking for.

AAR Glass is the worst i've ever used. weak, wavy. junk.

Glasstek has super strong straight glass. (if you buy street weight) I did my last car with their bumpers, fenders and hood. That car was so straight no one even knew it was all glass. The stuff took very little work to get it right and on the car.

My AAR hood is a train wreck. And it was bought quite a few years ago.

oh geez Do Not go to UP22 / Unlimited if you want anything bolt on or with a decent finish. the parts I received from them for my Dart were terrible! and took forever!
the inner structure of the hood was put in crooked from the skin. they wouldn't help me one bit. tons of pinholes in the parts bumpers were twisted. lots of work to make them look good. ended up adding tabs and slotting holes on a set of hood hinges.
that's just my opinion. this was ten years ago roughly, maybe things are better but
they will never see any of my money again to find out.

oh geez Do Not go to UP22 / Unlimited if you want anything bolt on or with a decent finish. the parts I received from them for my Dart were terrible! and took forever!
the inner structure of the hood was put in crooked from the skin. they wouldn't help me one bit. tons of pinholes in the parts bumpers were twisted. lots of work to make them look good. ended up adding tabs and slotting holes on a set of hood hinges.
that's just my opinion. this was ten years ago roughly, maybe things are better but
they will never see any of my money again to find out.

Unlimited Fiberglass is under new management...I have bought two hoods from them in the last two years..one just this last May....plus several bumpers...only thing I did not like was a rear bumper for a Duster......

In fact there was a post over at Moparts.com where the new owner comments that he cleaned house about 2 yrs ago....

Got 2 bumpers from Stinger back in May for a Duster...and they sucked...

PG Classics may have decent prices but their glass is made in China with little to no regard for quality. I received a dual snorkel hood scoop for my Duster that was a complete disaster. I was embarrassed to even have the thing sitting in my shop. (I have a detailed horror story with pictures if interested.)

I have nothing but good things to say about AAR/Stinger Fiberglass. They do cost more but you pay for what you get. I bought the stock '70 Duster flat hood (bolt on) and it took minimal prep work to get to show quality. Everything is made in house (in the USA.) Customer support is terrific. I just bought the dual snorkel scoop through them and look forward to seeing the final product soon.

AAR Glass is the worst i've ever used. weak, wavy. junk.

Glasstek has super strong straight glass. (if you buy street weight) I did my last car with their bumpers, fenders and hood. That car was so straight no one even knew it was all glass. The stuff took very little work to get it right and on the car.

My AAR hood is a train wreck. And it was bought quite a few years ago.

2x, we use GlassTek on all our SS Hemi Darts And Cuda's... if you let it breath for a couple months after you get it, it will not walk hardly at all for the rest of its life.

Also the most important thing is installation. out of all the glass companies i have ever used Glasstek is the only "bolt on" stuff. You dont have to cut and form, grind, split, nothing... minimum body work and they are good to go.

http://glasstek.com/

EDIT: all the below cars have glass nose and fenders

Attachments

• DSCN1467.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_3488.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN1371.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 144
  • norms dart 003 (3).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 153
Was a while ago but had the R/T hood from AAR on my P/S Ram. Back then they produced quality glass. Shipped nice with just 2 coats of primer and a good block, turned out show quality!! But, like I stated in prior post the quality failed after the company sold to Stinger!!

Attachments

• MORE RAM 001.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 136
-
Back