Who wants a mopar turbo kit?!?!

-
How do you support a 40lb chunk of turbo hanging out in the engine bay well, yet still give it flexibility to accommodate pipe bending and welding production tolerances?

Last I knew mandrel bent tube was +/- 1 Deg for bend and 1/8" for cut length. If the Tubes and bracket are designed correctly to be built in a fixture, your issues should be minimal. You may need to utilize a flex joint on the hot side and silicone slip couplers on the cold.

Don't give up, designing a product and taking it to market is a heavy task, especially if you a one man army.

qARXVD

Everything will be fixture built. Stainless flex on the crossover, and couplers on the cold side.

:) I like where this seems to be headed! I have a street/autocross oriented '66 Formula S Barracuda in need of a new engine. I have the OEM 273 Commando, a Scat small bearing 3.58" crank, a set of K1 rods, and some ported 273 heads (1.88/1.6). When I order pistons (sometime next spring) I may go for a 9:1 dish instead of aiming for 10:1... :)

If this goes down I would want the headers. Otherwise I am buying shortys and flipping them like people do with truck headers. Single Turbo for me like you have.

I'm most definitely working on this. I'm hoping to finish up the turbo locating/mounting bracket tomorrow. Everything is really coming together nicely with these.

Couple of updates for you guys... I can confirm that:

-There WILL be power steering and non-power steering kits available

-The ONLY cutting to the car body anyone will have to do is a small 1/4" grind on the inner frame rail lip to clear the stock magnum manifolds. Other then that, no other inner fender, firewall, core support, etc... cutting is required.

-You will be able to put this kit on with hand tools. No welding, machining, cutting, etc... required.

-You will not have to relocate your battery.

-You will be able to re-use your stock alternator.

-The kits will fit A,B, and E bodies. F/M are still up in the air because of the transverse torsion bars.

-I will be proving out the basic kit on a dead stock 5.2L magnum motor to show you guys what it will do on a budget.

-I will prove out the higher HP kit on my built 360 to show what you can do with a decent build.

No pics yet because the turbo is still moving around slightly, so I'd like to wait until I get the final location/layout completed before sharing... but stay tuned... they will be coming!!!

Will I be able to purchase a basica kit to run the size turbo I want?

Kits will be available in anything from 69mm to 88mm, intercooled/non-intercooled, power/manual steering.

Something for everyone. Basically it will cover 500hp to 900+hp

How about the little early A cars? Are they included?

That is one thing I can't answer yet. I am making the hot sides as compact as possible, but until I try one on a car I won't know for sure. I am just about ready to start test fitting on more cars. So far I can only 100% confirm 67+ a bodies, and b bodies.

Kits will be available in anything from 69mm to 88mm, intercooled/non-intercooled, power/manual steering.

Something for everyone. Basically it will cover 500hp to 900+hp

What brand turbos will you be using? That 88 is my goal

I can supply anything you'd like in the kits. Offshore to USA. Obviously the offshore stuff is cheaper (about 1/3 the price) and proven to be quite reliable too. But everyone has a different budget.

Will you be offering a kit for a slant?

I like what I'm hearing so far, the basic kit would be pretty cool for a mild 318 in a driver. Definitely different then switching it to a bigger motor, and probably would cost less too.

I'm thinking turbo 318 or 360 in an Aspen or Volare wagon, widened steel wheels and factory hub caps and crappy paint.

I'm for sure interested in seeing these, hell I wouldn't mind buying one.
Ill be watching this post for sure! Good luck with it!

-
Back