Who wants the red X back?

Do you want the Red X back?

• Yes

• No

• Would rather have a thumbs down

• I would like a partition trophy instead.

• The Red X makes me feel butt hurt

• A gold star would be nice

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
-
Unfortunately there has been a small handful of Xers that have abused it, that has led us to where we are today.

☆☆☆☆☆

X
The Red X or a thumbs down is a necessity in my opinion. Let's vote on this.

Personally I couldn’t care less, as I have never used the red X.
I don’t see any benefit to point out with a red X that one disagrees with another other than to start an argument, or to cause bad feelings.
Seems to me if someone wants to point out that they disagree they should reply and explain that they disagree and why.

We aren’t thinking that a red X is going to change another poster’s mind about what they posted are we?

It only serves to show other members a disagreement with no context as to why.

Happy to oblige. But what did I give you a red x for?
Something I was probably wrong about. See below. But it's gone now because evidently all red X's went away with the button.

Screenshot_20240109-214831.png

I got a red X once, and then a PM from the X’er! Seems they had a problem with using the exclamation point too much! There was a lot of good info in his message, such as the origin of the exclamation point, and a huge tutorial about how and when to use it properly! Of course I thanked him for the great advise and promised to do better! I think I’ve come a long way, baby! Yes, sometimes I still slip up and use em sometimes, but hey, some habits are hard to break! And, until they come up with a suitable replacement for the exclamation point, it will always be out there, tempting me! Calling me!! “Use me” they say!!! And sometimes I fall!!!! But I’m doing better!!!!! I promise!!!!!!!

I got a red X once, and then a PM from the X’er! Seems they had a problem with using the exclamation point too much! There was a lot of good info in his message, such as the origin of the exclamation point, and a huge tutorial about how and when to use it properly! Of course I thanked him for the great advise and promised to do better! I think I’ve come a long way, baby! Yes, sometimes I still slip up and use em sometimes, but hey, some habits are hard to break! And, until they come up with a suitable replacement for the exclamation point, it will always be out there, tempting me! Calling me!! “Use me” they say!!! And sometimes I fall!!!! But I’m doing better!!!!! I promise!!!!!!!
Quit being so excited! :lol:

Give everybody a trophy and call them by the right pronoun.
Maybe a Forum for safe space so they can go and look at cute pictures to feel better.

:wtf:

I would assume the red x went away because somme lurkers have been going through old threads and red x'ing them long after they are inactive.

I was looking for a thread I had hit the "like" button on a while back and noticed someone had gone through 60+ old threads/replies and red x'd them. I didn't recognize the username and just moved on. At the time I fogured it was somebody trying to male trouble with a second account. These people I tell you ... way too much spare time lol.

:lol: :lol:

Many times when seeing a red x I would respond "Would you explain why ?"
Never got a response back. Several of us have asked the same question.
Me too. I have gotten a red X for saying something so bland and obviously correct that I was shocked. Like if you say, "I like my 340. I think is a great blend of power and decent mileage." and you get a red X. And you ask the person why, and you get no answer.

I'd like to have a auto ignore if I had previously red x'd someone twice, because there are some dummies here.

How about I don’t give a rats azz because I’ve never used it, or the ignore feature. Where’s the category for that choice?
You get saints wings next to your avatar lol

A bazaar is a shopping venue.
Bizarre is what you’re looking for.

I`ve hit it a time or 2 , only when theres false info that would cause someone trouble . Even a disregard poster , because of slut posts , one right safter the other...

I have developed a good habit of being able to understand who the trouble makers are.

They usually post all the same kind of stuff, and they don't contribute anything new worth while. So I just scroll past their name, because I know the next person to post is going to be a lot more interesting to read.

No need for Xs, no need for Ignore button. Come here to learn and share information.

Screenshot_20240111-213218_Gallery.jpg

P.S.
Custom Made ^^^ these rear wheel opening mouldings.

They were not available anywhere, new or used.

1967 Coronet R/T
440, 4 spd car

☆☆☆☆☆

So what you're saying is that you could attend a bizarre bazaar? :poke: :rofl:
I have! We used to have a flea market/auction in nearby Roseville CA. I remember going there as a kid with the family. It still operates as a flea market but the livestock auction left 40+ years ago.

-
Back