**Who was lookin' for the "M" code manifolds...???**

-
Starting bid $3700.00 holy crap!!!

Thats actually a bit on the low side of the going price....if you're doing a stone-stock "M" code (1 year only deal!) restore, these are the only correct manifolds. There weren't alot of them cast back then, either.

Worth every penny, I give it 2 days max and they will be gone. Hope someone on here snags them up....we have a few "M" code members on here.

I bet those things will be for sale for a long time before someone buys them. The 440 darts don't bring big enough bucks for someone to pay that much for one part .

There was a set on here for sale, if I recall they sold for $4500-5000. They were in nice shape, but not as nice as the ones on ebay

I bet those things will be for sale for a long time before someone buys them. The 440 darts don't bring big enough bucks for someone to pay that much for one part .

You're kidding, right???? If you have an original "M" code A body, and all you're missing is these manifolds, it'll add CONSIDERABLY to your sale price.

There was a set on here for sale, if I recall they sold for $4500-5000. They were in nice shape, but not as nice as the ones on ebay

You're bang on, Steve...good memory!

Dang! I remember seeing a m code dart at a swap meet for $2k or best offer back in the early 90's. I should have bought it lol. The motor was gone but the body was rock solid. Nobody cared about darts back then.

I guess i haven't been paying enough attention to what parts are selling for lately

That'd be a crack-up if the seller picked 'em up at a yard sale. Yeah, those manifolds are like gold....no wait, gold is going down in value.

I have a buddy with 2 M code Darts. 440 and 383. They made more 440 Darts than 383s in 69 making the 383 car rarer. The 440 drivers manifold is special and the pass has some kind of spacer in there. I'm a little shocked at what they are asking for those.

I had a 69 GTS 340 auto car back in the mid 90s that I almost couldn't give away. Everybody wanted a 4 speed car.

You're kidding, right???? If you have an original "M" code A body, and all you're missing is these manifolds, it'll add CONSIDERABLY to your sale price.

You're bang on, Steve...good memory!

If I had the $$ I would buy them for a rainy day....

i dunno about the drivers side but the passenger side one is the same as a 383. ive seen a nos one on sale on ebay for a couple years for $1500 . you guys better go buy it!

I have a feeling I know who is selling these. The guy is a mopar hoarder who did own or still owns a wrecking yard here in Fairfield. I'm suprised he is even selling anything. Seems a little excessive to me but if you absolutely need them I'm sure there were very few in circulation. Wow

They made more 440 Darts than 383s in 69 making the 383 car rarer. the pass has some kind of spacer in there. I'm a little shocked at what they are asking for those.

Ahh, no. They made 1985 "H" code 383 Darts and only 640 "M" code 440 Darts in '69.

-and-

There is no spacer anywhere....they bolt straight to the block just like any other exhaust manifold.

I don't know where you get your information, but I think it's a little suspect.

Thanks 65; It's amazing how many hate the guy because he has next to impossible parts to find.I hope the guy that was looking for them finds your post.Not everyone can own these cars and thats just the way it should be.Enjoy the cars that you like and can afford.

I hear ya, d. You just have to ask someone who owns one of these "monsters" to find out what their unique parts are worth...and what "budget" is required to play in that arena.

Those look like a really nice set, and are worth top drawer price. Most dont have a heat riser present let alone functioning as this set does. I wish him good luck in the sale. Very limited market, but someone out there needs 'em, and will pay for them too.

Attachments

• 2863897.2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 2863897.3.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 308
Originally Posted by gremlin
I have a buddy with 2 M code Darts. 440 and 383.
sure you do...

I don't know about his bubby but i own 2 M-code Barracudas( 1 notch, 1 fastback) and 3 '69 383 4speed Barracuda coupes.....so it is possible!>>>>>>>>> Here's M-codes. But i do have manifolds for both! I also run a M-code 'cuda ONLY registry with over 100 cars in it rite now.

Attachments

• '69 M-code 'cuda 015@50%.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 332
  • My white M-code FB 024 @50%.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 308
Originally Posted by gremlin
the pass has some kind of spacer in there. I'm a little shocked at what they are asking for those.

There is no spacer anywhere....they bolt straight to the block just like any other exhaust manifold.

I don't know where you get your information, but I think it's a little suspect.

Well correction for those that don't know, even a lot of M-code A-body owners don't know that there IS supposed to be a space between the exhaust manifold and the head pipe on the right side.

The number built for M-code 'cudas is 360.

Attachments

• M-spacer2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 324
  • M-spacer.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 317
There are M-code owners that need them but will never pay the price. $3500 is more the going rate. I think they won't get bid on?????

-
Back