who wrenches on your car?

-
I do it all. What few times I have let someone else touch anything of mine in the past I have ended up furious. So, I rely on the old saying, "If you want something done right....do it yourself."

Anyone that wants to work on it !
HA..... I do most the wrenching on my Duster. I have a good friend that has helped me do a load of wrenching, thinking, and throwing tools at it as well.

-RPM

Me and my mechanic friend are the ONLY ones who touch the duster,very fussy about that stuff...

I work on my own also I need something welded or paint the car I take it else where since I don't have the ability to weld or paint..

LOL.........Unfortunately i do...........Thats why its done a few extra times/LOL.......Got to learn sometime????????BTW are they The New Safety CROCKS you have on.............Got to get a pair..........:drinkers:

I do everything except machining, tire changes, alignments, and tranny, although I think a tranny rebuild is in my near future.

Besides machine work, and recovering the seats, only 3 people touch my car, me, myself and I.

Do it all, except for machining, top coat, dana 60(no tools). And speaking of machining; this week my bud with the 69 Charger and I are driving down to talk to Dvorack about work on the 440. How far he want's to go(street,3.55, with the engine, and still use pump gas). Paul Forte needs the specs on the engine, to build the tranny and converter.
This Charger is going to be a sweet ride.

I do it all. What few times I have let someone else touch anything of mine in the past I have ended up furious. So, I rely on the old saying, "If you want something done right....do it yourself."

X2 X2 X2 learned that a long time ago,
that and "the first time you need a tool BUY IT!"
that way the second time you need it you wont have to kick your self

oh yea one more "better to leave it fixed than to break it with cheap tool's"

The only guy I would let work on my vehicle is dead now and I have his fish which I bot from his widow. I'll do stuff like engines, brakes, install / remove major assys. The rest I am at the mercy of ??? and bodywork is in the near future for this rod. Will probably pull the engine and get inside to see how things are built and holding up. Tranny would get done by a local well respected tranny guy.

On the Dart its all me. A 904 I can rebuild but when it comes to the 4L60E in my truck..... no thanks. Ill happily pay someone to pull that beast out and rebuild it.

All me I worked in a tranny shop for about 5 yrs. and went to Wyo tech right out of school for body work and paint so its all me baby!

Me and Only me.

It would be nice to have some help once in a while, but I dont really have any car buddys so I figure out how to do everything myself, or sometimes drag the wife out to the garage but she'll only help for a few minutes.

I do my own no need to pay someone when I turn wrench's for 10 hour a day for a living.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 121
I do most of my own work. I have a couple of friends that I trust that do on major engine installs and rebuilding transmission,

ah livermore, home semi-sweet home.

I'm learning to wrench but pay when my lack of tools/knowledge/time kicks in, sometimes I feel like I'm a major mechanical mishap waiting to happen, the price of being a green. fun and educational all the same.

Between my dad and I we can almost do everything (minus machine work, balancing, & wheel alinement and such). What good is it calling it your car if you don't work on it yourself:book:

Attachments

• P1270736_0057_1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 105
  • P2060782_0021.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC00249.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 50
-
Back