Who's current on A/C, HVAC, refrigeration?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I'm going to need "a fancy new" minimum of high side gauge I see the newer manifolds go up to 800 PSI. I've got lots of the older gauge manifolds from when I used to "do this."

What's the cheapest way to get a decent gauge / manifold? I'm thinking of just finding a replacement high side (800psi) gauge and replace one of my old ones.

Seems to me the old low side would be fine?

I don't want chinese/ horrid freight. Last thing I need is a gauge/ hose explosion "from China"

"I can read a chart." Don't need the temp scale on the gauge, LOL

149928_K_L.jpg

You might keep an eye on this auction.

[ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/JB-Freon-Manifold-Testing-Gauges-with-60-Hoses-/301019077349?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4616229ae5[/ame]

Thanks I just "got back" from the bay. JB is somewhat irritating..........there website was babbling about "metric gauges" and unless they are talking about gauge readings (bar or kpa) or fittings? I don't know. These need to be U.S. fittings and hoses.

That set, at least, IS in degrees F and psi.

??? commercial ???
??? automotive ???

Apologies Sir, no lack of respect intended or implied.

Doesn't matter. I just need a gauge that's higher pressure than the old stuff. They seem to lean towards 800 psi for full scale high side.

I can get you one for nothing.. High or Low side? How high of pressure you looking for? Im pretty sure we have all variations of gauges for different pressures. It will be glycerin filled also.

Otherwise you can try www.grainger.com

Let me know

I've never used a liquid filled gauge for A/c service. If it flutters, I want to see it! It's one of the main ways we detect non-condensable in the refrigerant.

Problem solved, .......................

Attachments

• Mygauges.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 77
Problem solved, .......................

good then, I was going to call a bud of mine that does 'lightweight'
HVAC stuff, 400 /800 ton natural gas fired units.

Good you have the problem figured out.

-
Back