Who's got T56 in A body pictures?

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
Getting ready to mock up my 3rd gen Hemi and T56 into the car and I'd love to see what some of the others have used for trans crossmembers and also the floor.

My goal is to be able to install factory 4spd carpet and I know I've seen it before, just can't find it.

Riddler

pretty sure this isn't what you meant, but you weren't exactly specific... :lol:

IMG_2801.jpg

I saw no way of using the 4spd carpet, so im not running any carpet-but i didnt look to deeply into the issue. I also left a lot of clearance around the transmission for ease of installs/tear-downs (also made to top of the tunnel removable for the same reason).

DSC01396.jpg

Where did you get the bell housing? I'm looking to convert my LA powered demon to a t56 6 speed and need help finding parts!

Quick Time makes the bellhousing you're looking for. Whether they actually stock it is another story....

Second on the 4 speed carpet thing, the offset and the hump aren't needed anymore with a T56. Auto carpet, on the other hand, fits pretty good. Just put some new carpet in mine now that the swap is done. My sheet metal work was horrendous, so I had to buy carpet to hide it, lol. Ended up going with panel adhesive and rivets instead of welding since my welder is more of a plasma torch with thin stuff. Carpet doesn't fit perfect over my tunnel, though a little steam to reshape it or a different tunnel design would probably help out.

Not that it's the best picture, but here's the fresh carpet.

Attachments

• IMAG0060.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 954
I reused my original 1 pc auto carpet. its not in the best shape but it works till I figure out what im going to do with the interior.
DSCF1553.jpg

made my own. I have around 9,000 miles on this setup. its awesome.

Might as well show mine in here..

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,047
  • 003.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 940
  • 022.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 950
I made my own crossmember as well. Similar in style to Todd's, but as I used a slightly different transmission (real Viper T56 as opposed to aftermarket T56 Magnum) I wanted to make my own to be sure it fit. Made some cardboard templates and used the plasma table at work to burn it out of scrap pieces. Also made mine a lot thinner (~1/8 pieces as opposed to 1/4) as I really don't think it needed to be so beefy. It's about the same thickness as the stock piece if not even a tad thicker. May be remaking the lower one because I forgot my jack had a leak when I made my templates. Lower crossmember sits mightly low and scrapes pretty easy. Can probably tuck it up about an inch higher for ground clearance.

I made the upper out of 2 pcs 3/8 or 1/2" round bar boxed it in with 1/8" flat plate top and bottom. The lower I made from 1x2 tube I had laying around.bolts to frame connectors, up tight to the floor so the exhaust goes under it. The trans mount sits inside of a piece of 3" sq tube withe the top cut off. The lowest point is 1/4" below the bushing.

I know I'm bringing a thread back from the dead, but what are you guys running for exhaust? A custom setup or will TTI's clear?

I've got TTI's on mine with no issues. They're a little tight around the bellhousing, but no problems on piping around the transmission itself. I had my setup from the collector back just made at a local exhaust shop when I still had the 4 speed in the car. Swapped the 6 speed in fine without having to modify anything, though I wish the H pipe was just a bit further back so I could potentially drop the trans without having to remove the exhaust. Alternatively, if the exhaust had a flange or slip joint at the H pipe it would let me get it out of the way easier for service.

Map63Vette, have you thought about v-band clamps and end pieces to section off the h- pipe between the header collectors and mufflers? Sure makes it easier to do any trans work with the entire mid section pulled out.

Map63Vette, have you thought about v-band clamps and end pieces to section off the h- pipe between the header collectors and mufflers? Sure makes it easier to do any trans work with the entire mid section pulled out.

Yeah, that was my original intent, to have some amount of removeability, but I don't think the shop had the parts on hand at the time. Not like I couldn't add them now, but I actually haven't had to work on that part of the car for some time, so it hasn't been an issue. It is solid welded all the way back though, so at some point I may cut the rear section and joint it so I can remove everything if I need to.

-
Back