who's running dual eddy 600's

-
Never a shortage of idiots around here...

dual1.jpg

AUT23145.jpg

AUT21059.jpg

I'm another idiot!
This is in my '73 Cuda, 360, 4spd, 4.10's.
Mad responsive low end torque!
My buddy mike doing some initial set up on the first starting of the fresh new engine.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YRJC6v0RPTg[/ame]

I didn't write the jetting down, sorry. But it was fun!

Where do you find smallblock low-profile 2X4 manifolds for the LA? Everyone seems to no longer manufacture them.

if i remember right a 2 X 4 setup from chrysler was setup in a progressive setup. I.E. the rear carb ran on the PRI first then the SEC carb opened next. the the rest came in. and all plates reach wide open at the time. and you can NOT have any slop in the linkage. hose for fuel line? do you have a death wish?

Where do you find smallblock low-profile 2X4 manifolds for the LA? Everyone seems to no longer manufacture them.

Offenhauser still makes them - look on the summit or jegs web site. It is a single plane with short runners so can take some tinkering to run right on the street.

PS: I run two eddy 500s on my 340 on an STR-12 - yet another "idiot". If you run an inline 2X4 I think Eddy makes a matched set of carbs for a tunnel ram that are tuned for front and back carbs for dual quads

Offenhauser still makes them - look on the summit or jegs web site. It is a single plane with short runners so can take some tinkering to run right on the street.

You will not find Offy dual quad SBM intakes in the Jegs or Summit catalog. They are made-to-order and are sold only by Phethean Racing Products, AFAIK. They are calling them 360° Equa-Flow manifolds. These appear to be of dual plane design.

Chrysler: 273-318 V8 1966 and later Dual Quad Equa-Flow (5615) $516.15

Chrysler: 273-318 V8 1966 and later Dual Quad Hi-Rise (5698) $598.73

http://www.offyparts.com/images/offy_5615.JPG

Dan Dovrak builds and sell a tool to equalize the carbs and then you rejet. I have had no more problem's the eddys or the tunnel ram at the track or on the street. Dan also has an article on eddy carbs in Chrysler power on line .:eek:ops:

thanks for the replies, I am using a weiand stage 2 tunnel ram with 2 eddy 1406's. with some help from rumblefish, I set them up exactly the same , 98 primary and 95 secondary jets using the matching rods and springs. they are being used as one big 4 barrel and runs killer with great response.

Just call me idiot # ? Ran this set up on the 318. (Progressive linkage ) ran great, very responsive, but black plugs. Now exactly the same setup on new 410 stroker (av-gas ) nice gray plugs, and runs great! Front carb- 1406 edelbrock (came with 318 car on a LD4B )-unknown jetting. Back carb - 1406 afb carter - you'll love this -- i was called by a costumer to pick up some scrap metal and (the chevy guy) says "take this carburetor, i can't get the choke to work" . Aaahhhh okay!:cheers:score ! ! I use that one as my primary carburetor because the choke works so well ?View attachment 20150305_133838.jpg

You will not find Offy dual quad SBM intakes in the Jegs or Summit catalog. They are made-to-order and are sold only by Phethean Racing Products, AFAIK. They are calling them 360° Equa-Flow manifolds. These appear to be of dual plane design.

Chrysler: 273-318 V8 1966 and later Dual Quad Equa-Flow (5615) $516.15

Chrysler: 273-318 V8 1966 and later Dual Quad Hi-Rise ( 5698 ) $598.73

http://www.offyparts.com/images/offy_5615.JPG

These are listed as fitting 273-318 engines. Any reason why they would NOT work on a 340?

-
Back