Whose Glass front and rear bumpers for 71 Scamp?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
And the rear bumpers are not like a 71 dart (1 single tail light lense on the scamp opposed to the double lenses on each side of a dart). Was planning to buy from Unlimited, but was informed that they sell the bumper with NO holes cut out....although the lady I spoke with almost sounded like she was unsure about that...And if they are pre-cut, they only have the two lense style according to their pictures.

I need a 71 duster front and 71 valiant rear. My only other options that come to mind are AAR/Stinger and Glasstek...I hear a lot of good things about glasstek. I own an AAR cowl and was never really impressed by it, but glass bumpers I would imagine shouldn't be too bad (not sure if anything changed when they became Stinger).

I do my own body work and prep, and am ok with having to work on these bumpers...Not a fan of having to cut them myself though for tail lights.

What have you guys here used with good results? Pictures would be of great help!

I bought 71 Dart bumpers from Unlimited a few years ago...and the holes were cut out ...I also bought the fiberglass crush panel under the bumper from them.

I bought 71 Dart bumpers from Unlimited a few years ago...and the holes were cut out ...I also bought the fiberglass crush panel under the bumper from them.

Yea, the lady's reasoning over at Unlimited was that they don't cut out the holes because it makes it less prone to damage in shipping??? Didn't understand that...told me they aren't even marked for where to cut...if that is the case, I am not going for it.

Was actually kinda pumped to get the bumpers from them as they advertise the best deal on shipping and I know they have turned themselves around, but I am not for cutting out that **** myself.

Is there someone more knowledgable at Unlimited to talk to in your experience Tony?

Have only talked to the person taking the order over the phone....

the guy over at moparts with the Big block Dart that street races knows the guy who runs the place...you might want to PM him and see if he can hook you up with him...

We got ours from stinger
fit well, easy to install
had to drill for bolt holes, but, there is noticable location marks ,on where to drill, on the inside.

tail lights are cut out and rounded/formed on the edges

we purchased both bumpers, both valances, and a hood

am happy with all parts

016-1.jpg

013.jpg

Have only talked to the person taking the order over the phone....

the guy over at moparts with the Big block Dart that street races knows the guy who runs the place...you might want to PM him and see if he can hook you up with him...

Oh yea, Thumperdart thats right! I'll search some previous posts, I think he mentioned the name now that I think about it.

We got ours from stinger
fit well, easy to install
had to drill for bolt holes, but, there is noticable location marks ,on where to drill, on the inside.

tail lights are cut out and rounded/formed on the edges

016-1.jpg

013.jpg

How long ago did you buy it? Also, how much prep did/has it needed?

I'll be using Glasstek. My chassis buddy has a great relationship with them and it's a great product. Too bad you aren't a US guy

I'll be using Glasstek. My chassis buddy has a great relationship with them and it's a great product. Too bad you aren't a US guy

I just bought a set from AAR this morning. Lady on the phone seemed nice, price was right, and I have seen pics from doing some searching, and they look to be nice quality. I don't mind doing some work on them to make them look right either.

Now I have to figure out how I am going to paint them...Thinking Duplicolor Chrome spray bomb...Actually turns out decent if you don't clear it.

Let me know how chrome spray works. I was gonna do silver, I think body color would be too much on my car

Yea, gonna try it out and see..Thought about body color on mine also, but I think with the big bumpers these cars have they need that contrast to break things up a bit

I used AAR/stinger on my Scamp. Also have hood, bumpers and rear valance. Fenders are glass but not AAR.

Attachments

• IMG_6371.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 4-27-131.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 126
-
Back