Why did you remove the bumper guards?

-
69 swinger with them and still have them on, even with fiberglass front bumper. I just picked up a 72 Demon and don't think they look all that good. ill probably remove them. 72 was standard equipment???

You are correct. I went back and looked at the dealer brochure and they are listed in the selected options. Thanks for all the comments!:happy1:

My 65 S came with them, but I ditched them because they were very rusty, more so than the bumper. Cheap plating? took me a few years to finally get the chrome carriage bolts filled.

The thinner ones, I think look OK. The "dorkier" ones, like were on my Dart Sport came off in a hurry. :D

When I was looking for my project car and started looking at Dusters, I decided to go pre-73, not only because of the bumpers but because of the way the tail lights looked. I'm no purist though, and I think if I had bumper guards I'd remove them, don't care for the way they look.

I like them all , with the exception of the Dart Sport, s, like mine .But if you take them off you cannot get the stain off where they were for 40 years.I purchased a rechrome front bumper , now looking for a really nice rear , and i am going to just change bumpers .If anyone has a really nice rear bumper for the 73,i may take it .

I think that especially the front bumper looks cleaner without them, but if it is the same as a 1970 front bumper, they have their own holes (back bumper uses bumper bracket holes), so unless you want to add some sort of plug, or are getting the bumper rechromed anyway (they can weld up the hole and chrome over), then you're stuck!

I recently bought a '72 Dart Swinger which has the
OEM front bumper kissers.
The car came with a few extra goodies like the OE hub
caps and a new set of front bumper guards. I'm a "true to
as it came from Ma Mopar" guy so I may install the new
one's because I think they look good on a '72.
Then again I also like the clean look.
Ultimately I'll prolly sell both pair. IDK

I have a set of OEM front & rear bumper guards for my
1972 Dart Swinger. One of them needs a new rubber cushion.
I think I'm just going list them in the For Sale section.

-
Back