Why do you love or like your car ?

-

superlite

Reaction score
I like my car because i see the possibility it has. If you go to car shows you see a gazzilion camaros chevelles and 55-57 chevys. I own a sec gen camaro that i modified to make it original. Now i have a 76 dart lite that i am going to put an aluminum block in, thats why i like it , superlite. Why do you guys love your A-BODIES so much????

when we go to a show there are tons of other makes, but very few MOPAR's and none my color, there are 43 members in our car club and I have the only

MOPAR

Like the others, I'm a mopar man and I wanted something totally different. So I'm making this:

overall view.jpg

1. its my first car.(that i paid for)

2. it always turns heads, even when people see it everyday of the week.

been asking myself that question for over twenty years,still have'nt finished it,guy's at work don't believe I actually have the car because they've never seen it. Still to me it's the coolest thing and I can't part with it

1. It's exactly like my first car.

2. I built it. (except for the paint, and I can do that now)

3. It's the only one anywhere near me.

Jack

my mom totaled the one my grandmother gave me when I was a kid before I ever got to drive it! I thought if I replaced it the nightmares would stop,............... they have

I I love my car, I have blood sweat and tears and a lot of money in it ,and how could you not love a mopar

68 valiant completed 019.jpg

it has class, style, ballz under the hood and feels like a 'real car' when I drive it.
and it'll smoke a heck of a lot newer and old cars out there.

WOW there are some beautiful rides here. Keep em comming guys, loving it .

Bought the car in 1993 and after driving for 2 years took it completely apart and now it looks like this. Ten years and more money than I want to add up it is close to being the car I envisioned. It has been together the last 5 still doing finish work

Last night got many compliments and one guy saying that it was the best looking car at the cruise in

DartDanville2.jpg
Doesn't get much better than this

Dartshifter.jpg
But add Hurst Shifter & 4 speed and AC with a drop top and what more could you ask for?

DartDanville2.jpg

Dartshifter.jpg

Speaking about my '67 Dart 170 Post: It was as basic as they come. Not presumptuous, not flashy. Very reliable and economical. The best thing about this car was that I bought it so cheap that I couldn't afford NOT to drive it every day. To work, to the store, in rain, snow, etc. The best thing about my Dart is that I treated it like a regular car, and not a classic. And it did it's job - getting me where I needed to go.
I only hope that once my Duster is done, I use it the same way.

67dart11.jpg

Bought the car in 1993 and after driving for 2 years took it completely apart and now it looks like this. Ten years and more money than I want to add up it is close to being the car I envisioned. It has been together the last 5 still doing finish work

Last night got many compliments and one guy saying that it was the best looking car at the cruise in

View attachment 156003
Doesn't get much better than this

View attachment 156004
But add Hurst Shifter & 4 speed and AC with a drop top and what more could you ask for?

Love it, love it LOVE IT! Hey, is that the recall steering wheel I see?

Thanks

Not an original, Grant wood wheel with mopar horn button

DartInt2.jpg

had a 68 wood look wheel but didn't like the horn button, so went aftermarket

DartInt2.jpg

1st
because after working on all new cars all day in the shop its nice to be able to open the hood up on my cuda and be able to see the spark plugs, and not all plastic/emissions

2nd
turns heads everywhere i go, no one around here has a fastback cuda. the people with muscle car around here baby them.

3rd
i built it my self and theres a nice story to go along with it

barraCuda020-1.jpg

-
Back