why i hate flippers

-

Bulldozer

free ice cream sandwiches
Reaction score
this is what I get for being a nice guy. posted these on CL. got a call , guy came over and gave me some sob story about how bad he needed them, measured them and said they would work "perfect". I cut him a great deal because I wanted to help the guy out, because that's the kind of person I am. 2 days later , here they are for more than double what he gave me for them. its not about the money, its about how lying POS's manipulate people to turn a profit. f&^king douchebags. they even had tires on them but weren't very good. I would just call and raise hell but I don't need a war. if you get a minute flag this add.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/4974005240.html

sorry for the rant , just pisses me off. if had known that was going to happen I would have just listed them here and gave them away

That sucks. That's why I list the price I want and tell people to f off if they don't like it. I usually give stuff away cheap just to get rid of it. And you gave those away for that price. Don't let it get you down, good things will come your way.

That sucks because you were trying to give the guy a break. Sadly, some people take advantage of others when they can. That's the way of the world nowadays.

Sometimes, though, that sort of thing backfires.

That sucks because you were trying to give the guy a break. Sadly, some people take advantage of others when they can. That's the way of the world nowadays.

Sometimes, though, that sort of thing backfires.

yea , I should have expected no less. dude has a lot of nerve , ill give him that. it would make my day if that add was flagged for removal LOL

Want me to call him and tell him those were stolen and I'm reporting him to the Springs police dept?
Maybe he'll give em back to you for 25 bucks. :D

When you sell somethin, you just need to let go. Much as I hate to sound like I ain't on your side.....because I am, you DID decide to sell at that price.

It does suck that you sold to an obvious scumbag. But that's the chance you take.

yea I was just messin by making light of it.

there is not much anyone can do, that has even happened to me. I had a guy play the "poor me" act and I GAVE him a bunch of stuff that was for sale 24 hours later.

Its like road rage, its always better to just let them go and watch the fireworks from a safe distance.

When you sell somethin, you just need to let go. Much as I hate to sound like I ain't on your side.....because I am, you DID decide to sell at that price.

It does suck that you sold to an obvious scumbag. But that's the chance you take.

you are right, I guess im a little pissed at myself for buying into the bullshit LOL I should know better by now

Its like road rage, its always better to just let them go and watch the fireworks from a safe distance.

LOL

Karma's a *****.

It's not the reselling that I don't like. Some people are willing to sit on an item for several months until someone comes along to step up and pay top dollar. Most of the time when I sell something on CL I want it out of my garage so I list it at a price that will encourage a quick sell.

But if someone shows up and starts giving some song and dance about their wife with cancer, lost my job, need this to finish a project for my disabled son, etc... and then re-lists them, that's wrong.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Let me tell you right now: "If they have a sob story about money on a hobby project, too bad"! If you can't afford to proceed with your toy, be responsible and put the money towards bills. I will NOT let tears take my price down. Can't afford to work on the toy, be a man and pay your bills. Negotiating a price??? That is a matter of what one is willing to pay, and what the seller is willing to accept. Toyz are not needs, and you are not giving a hungry man a sandwich by giving away aluminum rims.

we all go to swaps, we buy, sell, dicker on price, sometimes a guy buys a part, he takes it back to his spot, marks it up. that's fine. I got my price, he may have to sit on it for a year to make a profit if he even does. I can never remember many people giving me a sob story, if so, I don't buy it. i'm glad I have no extra parts!

now CL, seems like you encounter ALL kinds of people from one end to the other. so nothing would surprise me dealing on that. glad i'm not in the parts business period!!!!

people that lie to get their way is so poor. if he wants to buy your part to make a profit, he should just make you an offer and leave off the lies and BS!???

-
Back