why no 340 scamp?

-
The Scamp was a Valiant. The Valiant was never intended to be a performance car. It wouldda been cool, though.

The Scamp was not just a Valiant, it was a 2 dr. hybrid of Valiant & Dart. Either way though, it was not considered a performance car.

They couldn't make enough 340s to go around if they put them in everything. A lot of guys (like me) opted for 318s when they heard the insurance bill for a 340.

I had a 72 swinger 318. Was pretty slow but alot of fun.
My 318 scamp will not have the same fate. Plan on making that thing scream withn the 318

The Scamp was introduced in 1971. The performance A Bodies that got the 340s in 71 were the Duster 340 and Demon 340. People will argue that there were 71 340 Swingers, but that is the exception, not the rule.

The Scamp was a Valiant. The Valiant was never intended to be a performance car. It wouldda been cool, though.

............In 1970 the duster was a valiant.........all info called it a valiant duster.......1 year only.............kim............up here in Canada there was loots of 1971 swinger 340s.........kim..........

............In 1970 the duster was a valiant.........all info called it a valiant duster.......1 year only.............kim............up here in Canada there was loots of 1971 swinger 340s.........kim..........
I thought that the 340 Demon took the place of the Swinger for 1971?

-
Back