Why To Never Buy Chinese Sh*t

-
I read a brief article somewhere on the internet about the adjusters that accompany many of the China sourced rockers. The metal the adjusters are made of is tempered incorrectly making them too hard and brittle and really should be softer. Two other factors that contribute to their failure are; One: the size of the hole made in the adjuster for the allen wrench is much larger than it needs to be leaving very little material to secure the lock nut. Two: many people just flat over torque the lock nuts. Those lock nuts can`t be torqued too much anyway in an aluminum rocker. The remedy is to buy a set of ARP or other quality set of adjusters with lock nuts. The high quality hardware is tempered correctly and has a smaller diameter 12 point lock nut with a shallow, smaller adjuster wrench hole. Torque to specs. I agree the best fix would be to deep six those rockers and buy a set of quality (Hecho in USA) rockers.

Yeah they are 86'd. Just waiting for the Crane gold rockers from fastback340. Then I'll put them on the bag real cheap.

Unfortunately, I probably did over torque the bolts but it was an omen of things to come.

Yeah they are 86'd. Just waiting for the Crane gold rockers from fastback340. Then I'll put them on the bag real cheap.

Unfortunately, I probably did over torque the bolts but it was an omen of things to come.

I`m a bit heavy handed myself, my brother always gives me sh*t about putting on things too damn tight! Lol!

atta boy Dave. you,ll be glad ya listened. Hell is driving and worrying about every little tick you hear cause you cant trust your parts.

-
Back