Why???

-

Twisted-72

Reaction score
Why doesn't this car sell? I don't want to part it but I don't want it sitting around. I put it out there, open to offers open to trades but nothing. What am I doing wrong?
100_3471.jpg

100_3471.jpg

My only guess is that its a 4 door. But it seems as they get older, the 4 doors have even began to get snatched up. Heck the front clip looks to be in good shape, Hmmmmmmmm I dunno either!

A friend has a 72 Valiant 4 door that he tried to sell and no one wanted to give him anything, so he restored it to like new. His wife drives it to shows as her car. It gets alot of attention

as for you selling yours, looks good in the picture. If it runs and drives decent I would think it would sell as a driver for someone

I don't need a car but why don't you post what you are wanting for it again and see what happens.

Describe the car in detail and what it needs, post pictures inside and out, under the hood and even under the car if you can

You may not want to part it but someone might but it for parts like was posted, the front clip looks good. What other options are on it, disc brakes, V8 or slant 6, how is the rear bumper, dash?

good luck

Good Luck

The only 2 things that I can think is thats its a 4 door (Im not a 4door person either) or the fact that people are already storing cars away and it would be another 1 to find some shelter or a place for. Good luck, hope it finds a home soon!

Go to cars for sale - it is listed under 70 Dart custom four door. There are lots of pics there.

The obvious has just dawned on me! I know I dont have ANY extra cash the way things have been lately! Just maybe the cause here! Or atleast part of it.

I don't think anybody is buying very much right now especially parts cars but... on the other hand the need for cheap economic cars is going up. I say run it and run it locally and someone will grab it. Nothing is going quick right now especially during an election.

sorry just too far away. if the price was right I would buy it and store it to rebuild after my scamp

I've tried it locally, but all that ever shows up are people who want it for nothing.

I love 4 doors, the car in my avitar is the same as that one except the color. The car looks like a good builder, the price is right, maybe you have to give it more time. We all have too many projects, and I know you are tired of hearing this, but if you weren't so far away, i honestly think that i would buy it, for the asking price. Another angle to consider is maybe state what you would take on trade...... parts for your '70 Swinger, motorcycles, pickup, someone will probably trade if you are more specific, we are all mostly cash poor and parts rich! (worth a try)
Good luck and i hope it goes to a good home and doesn't get parted out. People have to realize that they don't make these cars anymore, and in 20 years they will kick themselves in the *** for parting out and crushing all of the a-bodies unless they are very rusty or smashed really hard, even 4 doors.
Hope this helps.:dontknow:
Tom.

Hey Twisted...I did want to buy it, my problem is where to put it...unfortunately the local code enforcer has been targeting unlicensed vehicles and all my storage options are in the same township. She's been getting on me lately about a 66 vert I have in my backyard, behind a 6 foot fence. She saw it when I was haulng in my firewood and had the gate open.
I already have my 65 vert and 86 Mustang GT in the garage..(I know I don't need the Ford, but we bought it in '86 and it only has 60,000 on it and it's not a rust bucket like most)...
I've been working in your area and have seriously considered it but just don't know where to put it. I'm still looking for a place though, I found another vert as well....a '67 that I'd like to get also.
Too many ideas too little cash.....

Dave

i have a 4 dr . payed 600 bucks for this its in the same shape as yours i think . well not anymore. i dont like 2 doors thow . they seem to small. but i did shave the hadles off the back to give it that 2 door look . you have to find a mopar guy . that likes that year car .

there is this guy out here with lots of land that is covered with mopars and if you showed him that he would take it . he offered me 2 cars for mine . a 38 and a 32 . i wish i had a nother driver cause i would have took him up on that lol.

Hey GT -- if your in my area working atleast stop by and look at it, I would like to meet another member anyway.

I'm having the same sort of issue, but mine's a somewhat more desirable 2 door post with a lot of new parts. Few bites here and there, but obviously no one serious.

Frustrating to say the least!

Hey Twisted, I'll be leaving this afternoon for your neck of the wood, be there tomorrow, into Friday....call me at 570-274-1315, thats my cell, I'll have it with me.
My car trailer is sitting near West Grove, I'll be bringing it back empty, so ya gotta promise not to tempt me too hard...lol

Dave

-
Back