Why?

-

bayyum

Reaction score
as you may notice, i change my mind about the kinda car i want, the ford p/u, the snake pitt. and now, an import.... 1986 toyota supra mark III, :thebirdm: YEA!!! i heard 300 horse is easily capable from an I6, but anyway, $500 from my boss, what do you guys think?

Try to get some pics Mike.I know there some import savvy guys on the site,just hang in there a bit.8)

ya not a bad car 5 speed and does it have the 14 inch mag wheel on it , i don,t know abount hp but will be a good car to do mods on with out killing it,s value good car to beat on alittle.

Need a lot more info- 500 bucks generally buys you problems the previous owner didn't want to deal with, and not much else. Of the 25 or so cars I've bought in my life, the most expensive was 750, so I know of which I speak.

Also (and I don't really know you, so don't take offense) I don't think a guy your age needs, or needs to think about, horsepower. If you're anything like I was as a teenager, you'd find plenty of trouble with 100 hp under your foot. Lost my license like six times before I was 20, driving worn-out Darts. Brakes and handling are where it's at.

I recommend a Volvo 240 or 740 station wagon. Great handling & brakes, bulletproof engines, built like tanks, and cops look at them and think "These are not the droids I want."

well i work for the company, and my dad is gunna check it out to, and if he doesnt know, i'll ask the mechanic to check it out. i really hope it'll be okay

If it's a turbo car 5 spd, that tranny is an easy swap into an A body using a Dakota bellhousing. As to driving the car, beware of rust!

They are fun little cars... sometimes a bit too much fun. :evil1:

I hope it turns out to be reasonably solid.

Wagons aren't cool? Since when?

124381.jpg

I'm just pullin your chain- hope the Toyota works out for you.

well i work for the company, and my dad is gunna check it out to, and if he doesnt know, i'll ask the mechanic to check it out. i really hope it'll be okay
I agree with it being someone else's headache. Check it out close. When I was 17, I bought a 65 vw from a junkyard to make into a dune buggy. ("Come back, and we'll get you the title.") Turned out to be stolen. I had cut it up big time, but the police took it. I don't know who ended up with it. That hurt.
If you want a fast car, GET ONE! But, RESPECT IT! I had a Challenger with a 383 when I was still a teenager. I still remember feeling that torque the first time I drove it. Not many kids my age had ever felt anything like it. It's STILL the coolest car I've ever owned (I'm 50). I knew what it could do, and used it accordingly.

I say if you want it and it's in good shape then go for it dude.... I am actually thinkin very hard about getting a late 80s conquest/starion....

Sorry guys, been really busy latley, I will try my hardest to get pics tomorrow, I just completely forgot it, I don't think it's a turbo ( yet 8) )

Sorry guys, been really busy latley, I will try my hardest to get pics tomorrow, I just completely forgot it, I don't think it's a turbo ( yet 8) )

No pressure here! No worries, but will wait eagerly for pics!:cheers:

You're still young yet. Get what you can for good deals, clean them, fix them, make them better while watching budget. Sell at even or more money and always buy better than last. 4 or 5 cars later you MIGHT have what you want!

With me in the 70's I was customizing vans with the best of em! Then 80's on custom Harleys. Almost 50 now and don't heal as fast as I used to so Now It's Darts again just like in High School 75-79! (Mid life crisis)
But hey Darts aint so bad! Plus I'm going to sell or trade up hopefully to finally afford my 2 dream cars 64 or 65 Dart Converts & waggons! LOL!!

Will be here waintin on pics! Good Luck to ya!8)

Good luck! Turbo charging a 1jz nonturbo block is hell. But an N/A still will haulass, just, not as fast. You might be able to supercharge it I think.

But yeah, on the Cop radar, these cars are kinda hot if its not covert. If it looks stock, it looks like a probe to them pretty much

-
Back