WI new guy building a 70 swinger

-

Boxer

Reaction score
befor car.jpg

blasting.jpgHi to all out there, I am a powder and ceramic coater from s.w. wis., I am in the midst of a complete rotis resto of a 70 swinger. Started with a solid 340 auto, and started destruction after labor day. Mocked up rms alterktion in front, rms triangulated 4 link w/coil overs in rear w/wilwood all around. Rear end, 8 3/4 shortend shortened 1.5 inch., 373's, cope 727 trans, w/3800 precision stall. I started with a 426 sm blk stroker complete from Hughes Engines, eddy stage 3 port and polish, roller cam, 10:3 pistons, k1 rods, basically the kit on there web page, with a eddy super victor, stage 2 port and polish, main cap girdle. Not sure of carb yet figure that out when they dyno it in the next few weeks. Here is the kicker, I asked Dave Hughes if he wants my bottle for the dyno, turns out they don't recommend juice on that motor because the sacrifice of piston height for cubes, the top ring is to close to the top, and they fear it could melt. So long and short, I will be selling this motor fresh off the dyno. I ceramic coated every part of this motor inside and out with the proper ceramic coating, to contain heat or dissipate heat. The coating along should yield around 40hp alone. They have a dyno sheet of a similar motor on their web page, but it is 2 years old and they have gained hp since then not counting the coating. This motor should be over 600hp. I will post the results when it is finished/for sale. Now I have a R3 block with 442 ci through just boring, and am building it vary close to the 426 components except for pistons that will handle juice. Hope this isn't to long winded for an opening blurb, our web address is powdercoatingwi.com

befor car.jpg

blasting.jpg

Welcome Boxer!!
Looks like you have found a great A bodie!!
Hope you enjoy this great site.

Welcome and nice car!Of course it's the same car I have so I love it.

Sounds like it will be pretty wild when done.Are you planning on taking and posting pics of your resto?

Let us know your problems etc.Lots of guys (and gals!) who are willing to help if you need it.

Good luck!

Welcome Boxer!
Looks like you have a great build going there. Thats quit the engine combo you will have. I love the RMS front suspension idea as well.

I got my roll gage, laser cut sub frame connectors, front radiator support to tie frame rails together, frnt shock tower to fire wall supports, and rear sway bar finished Monday, here are some pics.

frnt support.jpg

rollcage side.jpg

rollcage trunk.jpg

rollcage.jpg

sway bar 1.jpg

sway bar 2.jpg

sway bar side.jpg

Looking good! I live in Janesville. What city are you in? Do you ceramic coat headers? Jared

-
Back