Wich intake manifold 4 a Holley600?

-

LowDart

BR-Dodge
Reaction score
After 3 months waiting ,my engine is is working again,it took me that long to make the changes i needed to get the engine working fine.
Now i've got to change the bijetDFV-446 carb. and intake manifold that originaly came with all the V8(318/5.2l)) Dodge's in Brasil,weak and full of problems ,this piece of **** carburetor is the only thing that still giving me problems.
So,before the end of this year i'm going to change it .I've got a HOLLEY 600CFMs 4-Barrels(vacum second stage) carb. and i'm not sure about wich would be the best intake manifold to use,considering that is a every day car,i go to work every day with that car ,i'm not going to race,just want my engine better without spend too much fuel.
Sorry about my english writing.Hope you Understand something!!!!
Weiand-Stealth???????

My Dart 73.jpg

I would say an Edelbrock Performer Intake would be the best for you application.

What you think about the Weiand -Stealth ???
Nice Duster!!!!!!!!!!!one day i'll bring one to Brasil!!!

weiand 4-barrels-us$209(318).jpg

As long as it's a dual plane intake and it fits under hood you should be okay. If you have stock 318 heads I'd stick with an intake with 318 ports so they line up and you don't get turbulance in the intake track.....a 340 size intake runner with a 318 head port is not good.....there is a "wall" for the air/fuel mix to hit and the fuel drops out of the air. If the Stealth has 318 ports go with it....if not I'd go with the Edelbrock Performer intake. Just my opinion.....I'd wait for some of the other who deal with mostly street and mild engines to chime in here before you pull the trigger on one.....I tend to lean more towards strip use on things.....

Ok ,Thanks.
It was standart(0.10')pistons and now is a bit larger 0.20'(TRW).

LowDart said:
After 3 months waiting ,my engine is is working again,it took me that long to make the changes i needed to get the engine working fine.
Now i've got to change the bijetDFV-446 carb. and intake manifold that originaly came with all the V8(318/5.2l)) Dodge's in Brasil,weak and full of problems ,this piece of **** carburetor is the only thing that still giving me problems.
So,before the end of this year i'm going to change it .I've got a HOLLEY 600CFMs 4-Barrels(vacum second stage) carb. and i'm not sure about wich would be the best intake manifold to use,considering that is a every day car,i go to work every day with that car ,i'm not going to race,just want my engine better without spend too much fuel.
Sorry about my english writing.Hope you Understand something!!!!
Weiand-Stealth???????
Your English is good enuff to pass here. I understand you well.

On your parts, Dusterb318 makes a good point. If you want the stealth, I would also suggest a port matching the head for the intake and head relation. You do not want a big port intake to have the air and fuel travel down the runners only to crash into the heads smaller port window. This causes the air and fuel to create turbulance. The flow is disrupted, fuel puddles up around the heads entrance and power falls off.

The Edelbrock Performer is a bolt on and go. The 600 cfm Holley is a excellent match and can stay for a while as the engine grows in power.

I would go with the edelbrock performer. The performer ports are matched in size for the stock 318 heads. Just bolt on and go. The performer rpm is matched for the larger 360 j-heads, they both have the same exact bolt patterns for mounting though. The rpm can be used but the larger ports on the intake will create a step where the intake and head ports join. Possibly causing turbulance and rough idle.....I am by no means an expert on this but just from my own experiences.

I have also heard that some people have had issues with the other brands matching up to the heads properly. I have used both the performer and performer RPM with no issues at all. Good Idle (on a mild build) and smooth acceleration.

pretty much exactly what "Rumblefish" said

-
Back