Wider Rear stance for Duster

-

leederman

Reaction score
I have a 73 Duster and the rear axle assembly is more narrow than the front resulting in an awkward stance. Is it a reasonable suggestion to use 2 inch spacer blocks on the rear to bring the rear more into line with the front.? This is purely a cosmetic mod as this car is taken out for rare driving occasions and not driven hard. So the impact of performance is not really an issue. The car is fitted with Stock 14 inch Rallye wheels BTW.

A quick way to fix that as well as a good upgrade to your car is to put an early B body 8 3/4 rear in it.

My Dart Sport was the same way, not any more.

A quick way to fix that as well as a good upgrade to your car is to put an early B body 8 3/4 rear in it.

Thats what I did to my Duster it has a 67 b body rear

Attachments

• frank auto show 2012 067 (2) (800x600).jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 292
or you can get wheels with a different backspace.

All good ideas but a complete rear swap is not really an option for me and i want to keep the car all original apart from bolt on stuff i can undo simply if i sell in the future. What would be the degree of wheel backspace that would balance the look out? And would different offsets and wheel and tire widths be required for the front and rear?

I wouldnt use a 2" spacer. Thats real wide. Go with a wider rim/tire package. 255-60-15 on a 15X7 fits well.

An axle is technically a bolt on, if you get another driveshaft.

An axle is technically a bolt on, if you get another driveshaft.

Agreed. It is a bolt on but there aren't many B-Body rear ends lying around here in Australia and shipping ones not an option due to the cost. I don't know what width the Australian made Chryslers ran or if that's even an option. Someone on the forum might know that.

-
Back