WIDEST TIRE?

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
I am looking into getting new tires for my dart, it currently rides on E7014 ( 205 70 14) tires. I would like to upgrade to 215 70 14, but i am currently using a 1965 B body rear end. What is the widest tire anyone has run with a b body rear in a 1971 dart?

I am looking into getting new tires for my dart, it currently rides on E7014 ( 205 70 14) tires. I would like to upgrade to 215 70 14, but i am currently using a 1965 B body rear end. What is the widest tire anyone has run with a b body rear in a 1971 dart?
Stock? Tubbed? Mini tubbed?

B body rear doesn't change anything if you have the correct wheels.

9.65 section width tires will fit.

As roccodart440 mentioned above, wheel offset will be critical. Stock offset wheels with fat tires tend to hit the springs first, I believe.

IIRC, the stock Dart/Scamp rear wheel wells with stock spring perches and non-rolled fender lips can handle something like a 255/60/15...which would be a gigantic upgrade over what you're running now.

Do you have a wheel in mind?

Which B-body rear axle? There are several different widths, which will change the backspacing you need to increase the tire size. Are the rims stock? What width and backspace are they?

The wider rear axle doesn’t change how wide of a tire you can run, but it does change the rim backspace that you’ll need to run a particular width.

I am thinking a 215 might be doable as is. The early b body rear (flange to flange) is 55". I'm assuming you had a 7.25 in there originally. That would add .9" to each side. I don't know which wheels you switched to with the addition of the BBP b-body rear but just take some measurements and see if you're good to go. You can also ask a shop to mount a 215 wo/balancing it and fit it first.

IMPORTANT: Whether you go the above route or if you want to max out with a larger combination (which will require wheels with the correct width and offset), always take measurements on both sides. Never think that one side is going to be the same as the other. Even though the b-body rearend was installed (but do not know who installed it), like Ma Mopar, many rearends are not perfectly centered. GL.

Or centered perfectly and the body itself is different

Wheels are stock Chrysler 14" ralleyes, rearend is from a 65 b body. E7014 is currently on car with about a half inch clearance on each side.

-
Back