WIFES gone and I`m Bakeing

-
Reaction score
Wife went to lunch with a friend, so I thought i`d do some bakeing. Two matching lic plates 1963 for the Dart, got the white back ground on now:newb:

Moe

Attachments

• 003 (Copy).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 001 (Copy).JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 453
I am sure she will be happy to here you were baking LOL Looks nice. I need to redo my blue CA plates. How are you going to do the raised part?

Good time to sneak those carbs and transmission parts into the dishwasher!

How much do you want to bet she'll ask 'what's that smell' within 30 seconds after she comes back in the house?

Painting the letters is in the planning and engineering stage right now, and smell what smell????????????????
Moe

guys... you got it all wrong.... it goes like this...

Dear, I bought you a new glass top stove! Then we can hook the old one up in the garage for an extra one for big dinners like Thanksgiving!! (and for baking whatever you need in it), you can also heat water for cocoa, checking thermostats, and whatever else on it!

Painting the letters is in the planning and engineering stage right now, and smell what smell????????????????
Moe

I will check with my brother on how it was done, he did hard time.

Just kidding I don't have a brother.

Sorry still on drugs!
Kenny

guys... you got it all wrong.... it goes like this...

Dear, I bought you a new glass top stove! Then we can hook the old one up in the garage for an extra one for big dinners like Thanksgiving!! (and for baking whatever you need in it), you can also heat water for cocoa, checking thermostats, and whatever else on it!

Thanks I'll use that one
Moe

spray the oven out with oven cleaner and tell her you were cleaning the oven for her! that stuff stinks and should mask any scent of paint AND, you get brownie points for cleaning the oven!

spray the oven out with oven cleaner and tell her you were cleaning the oven for her! that stuff stinks and should mask any scent of paint AND, you get brownie points for cleaning the oven!

*High fives* LOL Except my wife would KNOW that just B.S.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to paint the numbers"?????????????

Moe

Not too long ago there was a thread on this. Many used a small brush. One 'outside the box' method involved applying masking tape securely to the entire surface of the plate then using a sander mounted on a bench to remove the tape on the raised portions, then spray painting.

So ya free and clear?? Lets see the results, Im curious to see how they turned out?? I dont have any advice as to painting the raised areas.

Get a hard rubber roller from like Hobby Lobby or some place similar. Roll the paint on it really thin so it barely leaves a nice even coat and just let the roller roll over the letters with no pressure. It will transfer the paint to the raised part of the letters/numbers and not touch the recessed part.

Get a hard rubber roller from like Hobby Lobby or some place similar. Roll the paint on it really thin so it barely leaves a nice even coat and just let the roller roll over the letters with no pressure. It will transfer the paint to the raised part of the letters/numbers and not touch the recessed part.

Very good idea Corey!

Use your wifes best rolling pin and coat that sucker with a bunch of paint and roll it on.:D

-
Back