WIFI/BT Inspection borescope.

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting one of those borescopes you can use with a phone but started reading some reviews and seeing complaints about close up focusing. Anyone have any good experience and/or recommendations for one of these I can use through a spark plug hole?

I'm looking at getting one of those borescopes you can use with a phone but started reading some reviews and seeing complaints about close up focusing. Anyone have any good experience and/or recommendations for one of these I can use through a spark plug hole?
I have one i plug in to my laptop, you get an image, but its not that great. Wifi or bluetooth wont be any worse.
I keep considering a high end scope, but its so rare i need it.

I have one i plug in to my laptop, you get an image, but its not that great. Wifi or bluetooth wont be any worse.
I keep considering a high end scope, but its so rare i need it.

Fair enough, I suppose the kind I need to plug into something would be fine. I've seen them used on 3D printers to monitor the print nozzle which is pretty darn close but don't recall the specific model etc.

Thanks

2.0mb Depstech borescope, cheap amazon one with an adjustable light on the tip and a few little end fittings (hook, 90 degree mirror, ?) is about $15. minimum focus is about 2" but you can put a lens from a laser pointer on the end and get that tuned to probably 0. These are probably just webcams on a shaft, not real precise but they do get into things. could ID 273-4 pistons in the bore in a heartbeat.
Snap_001.jpg

I got a cheap scope off ebay for like $7.00 plugs into USB on my laptop and it works great, you have to keep the lens clean and looking around a dirty motor is hard to do but other than that it works great.

I bought a cheap < $20.00 borescope through Amazon,
The brand may be kkmoon
At least that is what the web site address begins with.
Works great, connects via Bluetooth to my phone, there is a dial to adjust the light intensity, even records short video clips.
The lense of the one that I have fits into a sparkplug hole, there are borescopes that have larger diameter lenses, probably gives a larger field of view but may not fit inside a sparkplug whole,.

-
Back