wilcap adapter

-

wireweld

Reaction score
I thought that I would start my own 200r4 swap thread.
Here are pics of the wilcap adapter.

Attachments

• DSCF0105.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 601
  • DSCF0106.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 616
  • DSCF0107.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 564
  • DSCF0108.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 593
  • DSCF0109.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 555
  • DSCF0110.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 596
Yep it's a great piece! Already cut down ready to fit. Do you have a spare block laying around to bolt that up too so people can see what it looks like all attached? Also what bolt are you using/given with the order? Can't wait to order mine once the tax return comes back!

You can also get it from Wildcap with ears on it so you can use it as a midplate....

Yep it's a great piece! Already cut down ready to fit. Do you have a spare block laying around to bolt that up too so people can see what it looks like all attached? Also what bolt are you using/given with the order? Can't wait to order mine once the tax return comes back!

No block. I will take a pic of the bolts later tonite.

AwesomeI Wilcap lives in my neck of the woods.I never thought of a 200r4.

AwesomeI Wilcap lives in my neck of the woods.I never thought of a 200r4.

Yep! Not tranny tunnel mods needed, just a trans cross member needs to be modded (hell of a lot easier then tranny tunnel).

what kind of flex plate does it use? can someone balance the GM converter to use on a external balanced 360?

wow that's a nice looking adapter.. I always thought they where a lot less detailed that that.. very impressed. What would be the benefit of going with a JW bell housing over an adapter for my TH400 too mate it to my SB mopar?

what kind of flex plate does it use? can someone balance the GM converter to use on a external balanced 360?

They have a flexplate that comes with it. Either nuetral balanced or weighted.
You tell them what motor you have.

wow that's a nice looking adapter.. I always thought they where a lot less detailed that that.. very impressed. What would be the benefit of going with a JW bell housing over an adapter for my TH400 too mate it to my SB mopar?

Isn't the jw housing an SFI rated part/scatter shield? (could be wrong but I think the adaptor just allows you to bolt the tranny to the motor, don't quote me on it).

Flexplate and bolt set that come with adapter.

Attachments

• DSCF0111.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 548
  • DSCF0112.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 529
  • DSCF0113.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 521
the adapter is nice b/c it allows you to use the mopar starter.. I wonder if the JW bell housing does that?

Since I am not using the torsion bars anymore, would it be possible to remove the tunnel portion of the t-bar support to gain more room?
I would then make a new crossmember to mount the tranny and mount the crossmember to the subframe connectors.
Any advise on this?

Does anyone know if a flexplate is available for the 5.9 Magnum with the slots for the crank trigger, or if you can just use both and cut down the adapter to account for the thickness of the OE magnum flexplate/tone ring?

Does anyone know if a flexplate is available for the 5.9 Magnum with the slots for the crank trigger, or if you can just use both and cut down the adapter to account for the thickness of the OE magnum flexplate/tone ring?

You'll have to call them and ask, here is there number
(805) 481-7639

They don't know. Also, the kit is over $750 these days...
Yea that with their expensive *** starters. Just get a newer dodge Dakota starter and save some big money there.

-
Back