Wild fire 3 miles from us....

-
Damn Doug. Hope that don't come your way.

I am south of it....so far the wind, however slight , is from the south west..We have a friend that lives in that area.....they have a pair of horses, no horse trailer, and 11 dogs...Hope they are well...

Have found next too nothing on the local "news" sites. Go figure. Do know it is up to 700 acres with 0 containment. The area it is burning thru is rocky, hilly and pretty heavily treed. House smells like smoke. Ernie is going to town about her hearing today, I was going to go with her but have changed my mind. Starting to feel a bit scared right now....

The road I was on when I took the pictures is now closed....which is the road that Linda & Ed live off of....right now, from what little I have found the firs is still on the other side of Corkscrew Canyon Rd.

Just spoke to our friends, they are ok. State Patrol told them they are in the "voluntary" evacuation area but Linda & Ed told them they are staying put for now....

For some reason most people think fire restrictions and other things like that don't apply to them personally.
I don't know what's up with that. ("can't fix stupid" I guess)

Stay safe Doug and Kitty.

For some reason most people think fire restrictions and other things like that don't apply to them personally.
I don't know what's up with that. ("can't fix stupid" I guess)

Stay safe Doug and Ernie.

Fixed.....thanks....Kitty is RRR better half lol....

Was just outside with the pups....with all the smoke it sorta looks like we are back in Phoenix and it's smog....

Burning trash is a big problem in our area. Lot of poor folks...people living in tents, no water, no toilet etc. Our area has seasonal burn bans....right now we are under one.

Recently some boat docks were just put in down at the lake. They also created a few camp sites. Leroy lives right above the area. He has already called a dozen times or so about folks down there with a sizable camp fire burning. No cell service in the area, no pressurized water so if folks don't have buckets there is no way to extinguish the fire...a bad situation just waiting to happen....

hmmmm if it was me i'd get a couple sprinklers outta the shed & set them up on the roof with the hose & ready to turn on

stay safe. dont be too proud to beat feet the hell out of there to protect your wife and those pups!

I agree with whom ever said about getting a couple sprinklers on the roof and ready to spray for Gods will down over your house, to the point it soak the ground pretty quick! Be safe, be smart....Protect whats yours till you can no more!!

hmmmm if it was me i'd get a couple sprinklers outta the shed & set them up on the roof with the hose & ready to turn on

stay safe. dont be too proud to beat feet the hell out of there to protect your wife and those pups!
Metal roofs on everything. With no local fire department, no hydrants etc I figured it was a wise thing to do. I make a point of trying to keep the perimeter of the house and the garage free of junk and dead plant matter. Debating on going to town with the wife today.....

It appears that you have several fires in the area.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Wildfires--266590071.html
There are several burning in the state. Pretty sure this is the only one close to us. There was a small fire on Highway 291 a few days ago, but it was only a few acres.

There's some jail time in his future.
Sure hope so. Last time there was a sizeable fire in our area it was just down the road from this one, it was also started by someone burning trash on a windy 95* day. That one that one did not burn up a lot of wood, just burnt up alot of grass land but the area is still pretty sparse looking.

I agree with whom ever said about getting a couple sprinklers on the roof and ready to spray for Gods will down over your house, to the point it soak the ground pretty quick! Be safe, be smart....Protect whats yours till you can no more!!

What is weird is we have a clear blue sky, no smoke right now. Just heard the first helicopter of the day.

First time I have experienced something like this. We get the bug out order what the hell do we grab besides the dogs and birds.....We have two gun safes that have pretty much the best fire rating they can. They have a gasket that will expand when the heat gets to it. When I purchased them I saw a video of one of them floating, door side in a lake. Had a time lapse type of thing, after an hour it was still floating.
Do I grab the Dart? or the bike? or the Fairlane? Sure as hell hope it does not come to that....Everything is insured, for what that is worth. Linda called a few minutes ago saying that there was supposed to be a news update at 9 so....

if you had 4 sprinklers you could put one on each side of the house and let 'em rip lol
the house would probably be safe

but the smoke is what is dangerous to you... unless you have breathing apparatus

Wish you luck and hope for the best Doug

All of the "big three" local "noose" has become a joke. Last night on the '5, KREM wasn't into the news 10 seconds and they started blabbing about the middle east. WTF is the local 5 o clock nues doin' even bring it up? The later network crap, for what it's worth, covers it again at 5:30

Useless. Might as well go "get on Google."

Stay safe, I.J ... We have this, in California every year. Gets crazy,every time.

80% contained....Before I came up here all I heard from the folks in AZ was how wet it is. Hate to break it to them, it is not. Dry enough we have tumbleweeds....a crap load of them. Have not had much rain, if any, in about a month. Last I looked long range is saying slight chance of rain at the end of the month.

Wish you luck and hope for the best Doug

All of the "big three" local "noose" has become a joke. Last night on the '5, KREM wasn't into the news 10 seconds and they started blabbing about the middle east. WTF is the local 5 o clock nues doin' even bring it up? The later network crap, for what it's worth, covers it again at 5:30

Useless. Might as well go "get on Google."

Watched the local news while eating dinner. Reporter said she was at the fire....she was standing in front of the fire station in Sun Crest...about 16 miles from where the fire is located.
When I was in AZ every time a dust storm would roll thru the news folks made it sound like it was the first time in history...

-
Back