will 67' K member fit in a 66 dart?

-

oldmopardude

Reaction score
Just wondering, I 'm rebuilding the suspension on my 66' dart GT, and going to 10" brakes. Does the 67' K member fit in the 66? my 67' parts car has a completely new suspension, and It appears the rear end housing and springs Interchange to me, as my 67' parts car has the rear end in better condition, and 10" brakes as well. They are both slant six so I'm good there.

everything will interchange but the k frame. but the good news is on the early a k frame, the motor mounts are all you need to change for v8 or /6

It's a gorgeous convertible, so I'm sticking with the 225. Not that I don't like to step on it, that's what I have my wife for! she knows only two speeds, stop and go! LoL

It's a gorgeous convertible, so I'm sticking with the 225. Not that I don't like to step on it, that's what I have my wife for! she knows only two speeds, stop and go! LoL

Another question, if the upper a frame fits, do the lowers. I want to replace the 9" brakes and lower A frame with the 67 Lower, backing plates and 10" brakes.:sign3:

yes the lowers are the same. to put the 10 inch on you can use the original uppers and lowers. Just swap the 10 inch on with the 10 inch lower balljoint no need to swap the arms.

Thanks Guys!
I bought this car five years ago to redo a bit and then sell it. It originated in Los Angeles, so it was a rust free car to begin with. The tipoff here is it has taken me 5 years to get around to it, now that I have, I'm starting to like the car too much to sell. So, I guess it stays. Since it stays, then I redo it as it were to be mine. so, powder coated K frame, suspension, backing plates, 14" wheels, blasted the engine compartment and trunk prior to repaint, etc The black Interior has been done, (except I need the door panels)and everything works. It had a bad crank so I secured another nice low mile slant six.
I just have to rebuild the transmission, and by June the car should be done. I may post some pictures! it is Burgundy red with a black top. I drive a lot, and this gas price issue is not going away, so the Dart GT will likely be the daily unless it is 100 degrees out.:cheers:

-
Back