Will 72 valiant 4 door rails and sheet metal work on a 69 Dart

-

Wizard

Reaction score
I have a 69 Dart that needs floors, trunk, and all the rails replaced. I have a 4 door Ply Valiant donor car with excellent floors, rails, and trunk. Is it the exact same sheet metal that I could swap into the 69 Dart?

Thanks,

Wizard

There's a bit of difference in the wheel base between Darts and Valiants, so, I would imagine the rear floor pans are probably different, and maybe the rocker panels too. Why not fix the Valiant and use the Dart as a parts car?

There's a bit of difference in the wheel base between Darts and Valiants, so, I would imagine the rear floor pans are probably different, and maybe the rocker panels too. Why not fix the Valiant and use the Dart as a parts car?
I I want to fix the two door dart not the four-door valiant front end is missing off the valiant anyhow

You could put the Dart front end on the Valiant, but, I understand not wanting to end up with a 4dr.

Everything but the rear footwell pan will work fine.
You will need to use a 72 fuel tank as the fill tube is in a different location.

Everything but the rear footwell pan will work fine.
You will need to use a 72 fuel tank as the fill tube is in a different location.
Huh?
Is that really right? I never noticed a difference.

Other than the number of vent hoses in the tank, I don't remember any differences in fuel tanks from '68-76, but I haven't swapped every single combination.

They are only about an 1" off but enough to be a pain. The fill tube hole in the trunk pan and the boot are different. I put the earlier 18 gal tank in my 72 which usually takes the later 16 gal tank and it is not working out with hole and boot.
Matt2000 has a fix.

Hmmm...That may explain why I did have a fitment problem once. I thought the reproduction tank was made wrong.

-
Back